only a few pints of my stout left

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jans1971

Reaction score
only a few pints of my stout left :( and i love it :thumb: , it was a coopers stout done with 500g of dark spray malt and 500g of brewing sugar. anyone recomend any other stouts, the only - thing about it is there is not a very good head on it. and maybe needs to be a bit more creamy :?:

I can recommend the Milestones Black Pearl, did it around the same time as you very nice stout has got better with age.! :drink:

If you want to go really radical, a recipe I have made a few times is two cans of Coopers Stout, a kilo of light spray malt and 750g of dextrose (glucose). The extra fermentables give a sweetness that balance out the bitterness. Chuck the kit yeast and use Nottingham, the rottweiler of yeasts :D which should chew through all those sugars quickly and leave a clean finish.

last20stout.jpg

Warning, it's a headbanger :eek:

That's the perfect line to get me to make it!, After I have done a IPA for SWMBO (got to keep her sweet!) it will be on the cards, cheers Bribie :drink:

Bribie said:
If you want to go really radical, a recipe I have made a few times is two cans of Coopers Stout, a kilo of light spray malt and 750g of dextrose (glucose). The extra fermentables give a sweetness that balance out the bitterness. Chuck the kit yeast and use Nottingham, the rottweiler of yeasts :D which should chew through all those sugars quickly and leave a clean finish.

do you add water to make it up to 23ltrs
use Nottingham, the rottweiler of yeasts ?????????

I usually make my brews up to 25L as I bottle in 12 x 2 L PET bottles for many of my brews. I find that Nottingham is a pretty ferocious yeast compared to many of the liquid yeasts and gives a drier finish compared to S-04 and quite happily tackles a higher alc. brew.

Interesting :hmm:

A good way to knock out a nice quick stout. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back