Pear and Mint TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about this one... the mint part should be pretty easy to to, get some mint leaves, bruise them a bit then simmer for a bit (15 mins or so)?

The trickier/more expensive bit is the darn pear juice... I've found a few concentrates, but they're going to cost in the region of £20 which defeats the point of my TC's anyway :) !

Although Morrisons do this stuff, which is 70% Apple/30% pear, that might be a winner

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Morrisons-100-Fruit-Apple--Pear-Juice/250143011

I've been thinking about this one... the mint part should be pretty easy to to, get some mint leaves, bruise them a bit then simmer for a bit (15 mins or so)?

The trickier/more expensive bit is the darn pear juice... I've found a few concentrates, but they're going to cost in the region of £20 which defeats the point of my TC's anyway :) !

Although Morrisons do this stuff, which is 70% Apple/30% pear, that might be a winner

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Morrisons-100-Fruit-Apple--Pear-Juice/250143011

Sounds like an option - I'm going to set a 25l tried and tested TC off this week though when back home, though maybe one try in a DJ when my other two have decided it's time to bottle .

What would be the proportion of ingredients you'd use with the above for a DJ TC ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have a look at my wee spreadsheet when I get to work but guessing 4L of the juice to get around 5.5% abv

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm open to royalty payments 😀

I'm open to royalty payments [emoji3]

8c6d07438797a303dccc81dd14374651.jpg

Ready to rock [emoji41]

Ah nice one mate, I've got 50L of TC either brewing or carbing up so might be a few weeks before I get to this one.

How long do you normally take from start to drinking ?

Will kick off tomorrow - I'm still new to this but patience isn't a virtue of mine judging by the first WOW I did - so thinking in 3 weeks first pint.

She's away - day 1 and a lovely foam forming on top.
Moved DJ into a bucket and put a hood on, don't want no explosions over night [emoji15]

She's away - day 1 and a lovely foam forming on top.
Moved DJ into a bucket and put a hood on, don't want no explosions over night [emoji15]

If it's going to do a Krakatoa then don't add all the juice at the start, add it about 5 days in. It works for some WOW's and deffo what I'll be doing with my next stout kit I do !

If it's going to do a Krakatoa then don't add all the juice at the start, add it about 5 days in. It works for some WOW's and deffo what I'll be doing with my next stout kit I do !

Thanks mate - I'm learning as I go. [emoji106]

Lol !! The first wow I did splattered stuff over the wall - hissed like a snake for a while so I whack a plastic bag over it when concerned ....

Stops Mrs AK from shouting at me.

As it happens this one was ok...

Crept a little into the air lock but simmered back down.

Lol !! The first wow I did splattered stuff over the wall - hissed like a snake for a while so I whack a plastic bag over it when concerned ....

Stops Mrs AK from shouting at me.

As it happens this one was ok...

Crept a little into the air lock but simmered back down.

More practical approach would have been to let the wine breath and put the hood on Mrs AK? ;)

[ame]https://vimeo.com/186461182[/ame]

My pear and mint has grown a brain.
Will I wake up tomorrow to Frankenstein!!

Back