Peeing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Traveled all over India from Kerela to Kashmir over the last 25yrs , Were did you find a toilet??:lol::lol: The last jaunt i spent from aurangabad to Mapsa sleeping over the back wheel of a bus with a wet smelly blanket, the last occupant of that position had left a leaking water bottle full of his **** there and it gradually dampened me and the blanket before i discovered it, Back over there on the 18th feb for a Month , :nono::nono:

So you voluntarily go over there when you are in conditions where you sleep in a bus with only a wee soaked blanket to keep you "warm"????

Looks like you have never left brighton does it not , and you dont need wee soaked blankets to keep warm (its quite warm in India) , though i am sure you could get one if requested, If you had ever traveled using local facilities and transport then you would find that situations like this can and do develop in countries like India. i have a list of simular incidents.

Traveled all over India from Kerela to Kashmir over the last 25yrs , Were did you find a toilet??:lol::lol: The last jaunt i spent from aurangabad to Mapsa sleeping over the back wheel of a bus with a wet smelly blanket, the last occupant of that position had left a leaking water bottle full of his **** there and it gradually dampened me and the blanket before i discovered it, Back over there on the 18th feb for a Month , :nono::nono:

Happy Days eh?

I mainly worked on Drill Ships (one of which was manned by the spice lovers of Kerala Province and had a major outbreak of scabies), Floating Production Platforms (on one of which I went vegetarian after seeing the cockroaches fleeing the meat-chopping block when I switched the light on) and Off-take Tankers (which were relatively civilised).

I have to admit that after working in dozens of different countries (I've lived, worked or visited 24% of all the countries on the planet) I liked India the best of all. For me, the best thing about India was the sheer resilience of the people and the way many of them managed to stay happy in the face of such deprivation.

My favourite memory is watching a kid aged about six years old, manky hair, no shoes and wearing just a filthy pair of faded shorts. He was standing at the side of a main road, by a filthy slum on the airport road in Mumbai.

I remember him because of the look of sheer pleasure on his face as he flew a tiny brand-new kite on the end of about 30 feet of cotton thread.

What kind of parent would buy a kid a kite when he needed so many other things? By my reckoning, a great parent. That kid will remember that kite when the rest of his life has dimmed into the memories of nothing but hardship, hunger and squalor.

What a lovely present for any parent to gift to their child. :thumb:

I think my Mum "hard-wired" me to pee to order when I was a child and she asked "Have you been?" before I went to bed or left the house.

Now, I have to "go" just before if leave the house, go to bed, leave a pub, leave a restaurant etc etc. In other words "just before" I do anything that may result in a long delay before I can guarantee the proximity of another toilet.

If I don't "go" I feel as if I must "go" within minutes of leaving the location ...

... but once I've "been" it can be many hours before I even think about needing to "go" again. (This may be due to the fact that, as a child, any request to "go" was always met with "But you've only just been!")

I suspect that I've been conditioned like one of Pavlov's Dogs; but it still doesn't make it any easier realising that suspicion! :whistle:

Happy Days eh?

I mainly worked on Drill Ships (one of which was manned by the spice lovers of Kerala Province and had a major outbreak of scabies), Floating Production Platforms (on one of which I went vegetarian after seeing the cockroaches fleeing the meat-chopping block when I switched the light on) and Off-take Tankers (which were relatively civilised).

I have to admit that after working in dozens of different countries (I've lived, worked or visited 24% of all the countries on the planet) I liked India the best of all. For me, the best thing about India was the sheer resilience of the people and the way many of them managed to stay happy in the face of such deprivation.

My favourite memory is watching a kid aged about six years old, manky hair, no shoes and wearing just a filthy pair of faded shorts. He was standing at the side of a main road, by a filthy slum on the airport road in Mumbai.

I remember him because of the look of sheer pleasure on his face as he flew a tiny brand-new kite on the end of about 30 feet of cotton thread.

What kind of parent would buy a kid a kite when he needed so many other things? By my reckoning, a great parent. That kid will remember that kite when the rest of his life has dimmed into the memories of nothing but hardship, hunger and squalor.

What a lovely present for any parent to gift to their child. :thumb:

dutto we are kindred spirits i have and still spend months in India and Thailand , the last trip i mentioned above, there were 5 of us. Me my mate, our wives and our punka wala who we called Bin laden, he lives at Ajanta. the destination was Orisa i was chasing a new ruby find , A lot of the people on here would never believe some of the things we have seen, ie bin ladens mum sat chewing a chapatti with one tooth in the middle of her mouth , was hilerious she looked like a dog chomping on a rubber ball, We had to stay serious but i had a wet patch at the front of my shorts. I think we could tell each other a few tales, i was thinking of writing a book with my best mate (junior school together) the title pertaining to one particular trip called Around India on four bottles of Honey Bee and a jar of Lemon Curd.:lol:

How about the drill-ship that hadn't had a "Lost Time Accident" for many years and had a virtually clean Medical Log to prove it.

I got a tip-off from one of the contract workers (the usual 2am natter when having a fag in the Mess Room) to ask about the death of a contract Roustabout. According to my informant, the drill-line had parted, the end of the line had got wrapped around the unfortunate worker who was lifted up by the wire rope and cut in two as he was dragged through the Crown Block.

I looked into the matter and sure enough it was an accurate description of the accident.

Why no record?
"He was a contractor." said the Drillship Manager "So that didn't affect our Safety Bonus." he added proudly.

Why nothing in the Medical Log?
"He was dead when I got to the drill-floor." said the Ship's Doctor "I didn't administer any First Aid so I had nothing to put in the Medical Log."

Logical eh?

The Hindu religion is based on the precept of "Hurt no other creature as you pass through life." so in the Land of Contrasts this was the same Drillship where the Hindu Captain shook his head with sadness and said to me "You will never make a Hindu Ian." as I prevented a cockroach from helping me to eat my lunch by knocking it to the deck and attempting to stamp on it.

I can recommend a trip to India for anyone who is feeling hard done by in their life. :thumb:

Looks like you have never left brighton does it not , and you dont need wee soaked blankets to keep warm (its quite warm in India) , though i am sure you could get one if requested, If you had ever traveled using local facilities and transport then you would find that situations like this can and do develop in countries like India. i have a list of simular incidents.

I havent done as much travelling as I would have liked to do. My brother was the one is our family who did a lot of travelling including most of Asia and lived in Thailand for 15 years with regular trips to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos and many other countries. Ironically he thought India was too touristy. I hope (so you didnt have anything that bad) some of his stories are worse than yours, like a girlfriend who turned out to be a heroin dealer and pulled a gun on him, or the man in the Philippines he annoyed who was going to shoot him so the locals literally had to push him out of the bar and put him straight on a boat off the island to save his life. It turned out the man was the organised crime boss and a friend had to collect his bags for him as he couldnt even stop at the hotel to collect them on the way off the island or he would have been dead.

Travelling was his way of dealing with a bad childhood, basically he ran away. My way of coping was a bad drink and drug habit when I was younger, it didnt leave money for travelling. My brother hung himself in the end as running away didnt help. Its the money he left that will pay for the grainfather or similar I'm thinking of getting. I've got to admit, I found your comment a little condescending, so just a little something to put things in context. Don't worry about it though, you werent to know.

I may also use some of his money for a big holiday including Australia, New Zealand and a stop over in Asia or possibly the middle east.

I may also use some of his money for a big holiday including Australia, New Zealand and a stop over in Asia or possibly the middle east.

None of my favourite places are in the Middle East so I am amazed to hear that people now go on holiday to places where I used to insist on double fees to even set foot in the place. :doh:

However, if you go further east drop in on Singapore after India.

Singapore serves some of the best food available in the Far East ... :thumb: :thumb:

... and at the same time it is so sterile that it makes you long to return to the noise, dust and poverty of India! :doh:

Enjoy. :thumb:

Reactions: Ale
None of my favourite places are in the Middle East so I am amazed to hear that people now go on holiday to places where I used to insist on double fees to even set foot in the place. :doh:

However, if you go further east drop in on Singapore after India.

Singapore serves some of the best food available in the Far East ... :thumb: :thumb:

... and at the same time it is so sterile that it makes you long to return to the noise, dust and poverty of India! :doh:

Enjoy. :thumb:

I have a friend who lives in Dubai who has invited me to stay with him if we want to do a stop over.

I think my Mum "hard-wired" me to pee to order when I was a child and she asked "Have you been?" before I went to bed or left the house.

Now, I have to "go" just before if leave the house, go to bed, leave a pub, leave a restaurant etc etc. In other words "just before" I do anything that may result in a long delay before I can guarantee the proximity of another toilet.

If I don't "go" I feel as if I must "go" within minutes of leaving the location ...

... but once I've "been" it can be many hours before I even think about needing to "go" again. (This may be due to the fact that, as a child, any request to "go" was always met with "But you've only just been!")

I suspect that I've been conditioned like one of Pavlov's Dogs; but it still doesn't make it any easier realising that suspicion! :whistle:
I work in a cleanroom which is a constant 20..5c where you are suited and booted from head to toe fixing quite intricate machinery.I've been doing it for over ten years and have had a ritual of going for a per without even thinking before I enter because you'll be guaranteed that if you don't within 5 mins you'll be bouncing back out, wrestling with a suit that can't go outside the gowning area and nearly pissing yourself in the process.A horrible feeling....

Sent from my ALE-L21

Back