Plastic barrel regulator mod

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fresh from the Earth

Reaction score
I have toyed with the idea of adding a regulated co2 supply to the old plastic beer barrels I have, already having the corny gas supply setup.
There must be a way to do this by adding valves or adaptors to the old plastic lids, has anyone tried this?

I have toyed with the idea of adding a regulated co2 supply to the old plastic beer barrels I have, already having the corny gas supply setup.
There must be a way to do this by adding valves or adaptors to the old plastic lids, has anyone tried this?

You need the S30 widget which I have and are around 15 quid but some folk say that if you use one gassing from a regulator that it won't have enough oomph to lift the S30 rubber beneath the cap like a Hambleton bard S30 tank.I didn't see any problem along those lines.alternatively you can fit a Schrader valve in the cap if its a KK or in the barrel shoulder should it be a 2 inch cap barrel and hook your CO2 line up to it using a female schrader connector

http://brewingathome.co.uk/product/midget-widget-world-universal-barrel-hose/

Thank you all for your replys - If I had know about this years ago I may not have bought so many corny's.
I went with the S30 widget.
However, paying that much for postage incensed all the moths in my wallet.

If it wont play nice it will need a softer silicone valve tube.
I would like to paint my barrels too, but the thought of paying that much for wood grain effect made all the moths in my wallet commence rioting.
They sense these things you know...

Latest posts

Back