Raspberryade

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just put a gallon of this raspberryade on and it smells delicious. SG was 1064.

Did any of you lot boil the syrup as mine just won't ferment! Considering boiling the lot to get rid of any preservatives even tho it says it doesn't have any

I had a go a making a weak batch of this for my wife. First non-beer brew.

Just as the original recipe (with Youngs cider yeast) but without the added sugar. OG was 1.028. It hasn't looked like it was doing anything since about a day after pitching.

After 1 week it's at 1.018.. I'll give it a wee while yet - but is it possible it could be fermented out at this level?
I know with beer that would be fine (if a tad high), but shouldn't the simple sugars in syrup ferment out much lower than this?

Yes it should be much lower than that after the time u said.
In the orgianl recipe I used youngs super yeast with has a yeast nutient in
I dont think the cider one has and it is very importatn to have more than just sugary liquid for yeasties to he happy. if its still not fermenting add a touch more yeast and either some yeast nutient or a table spoon or two of lemon juice and sit ur DJ in a sink full of warm/nearly hot water to bring it back from the brink.

I hope u get it sorted and like it!

Brilliant - thanks for the advice. Makes total sense what's going on now.
Great tip about lemon juice - I've just added some and pitched a wee bit more yeast.. fingers crossed.

Who would have thought it.. I'd all but given up on this since after the lemon and extra yeast it still sat and looked like it was doing nothing... but I took a reading today and it was 1.005. Cool.
Will bottle it at the weekend... it's pretty dry though - I guess the best way to sweeten it up would be add a bit of the syrup to the glass when you're drinking?

I started this off 4 days ago, only modification I used was using whisky yeast, earlir on today I used alcotec restart super yeast and still nothing, anyone got any idea's?

morning!
I tried making one of these up in a spare 5L dj, but the sugar is so overbearing on the taste. :(
the oem recipe on page 1, 400-450g of sugar, in the DJ for 10 days, bottled and left for a fortnight, but still tastes like concentrated sugar! :(
Might have another go with a better yeast and 300g of sugar.
Sound feasible?
:drink:

I went out today again, to attempt to buy this syrup, (since no supermarkets near me ever seem to have it, I decided to tried an eastern european food shop) and what I have come back with wasn't the syrup, but rather, a diluted version of the drink :roll: I knew it didn't look right, but the woman in the shop insisted that it was what I had asked for, and I guess there was a bit of a language barrier so i took it anyway. The juice tastes lovely but I doubt it'll make a dent of flavour in a gallon of TC or on it's own!

Yay I found it! Had to go to a much bigger supermarket but I got a few bottles of the raspberry and a bottle of the cherry cordial. Raspberry brew has been on a week, I only added 300g of sugar, and on day three it was still being very slow. I topped up with quite warm, boiled water (hotter than the yeast would like probably, but it got diluted with the colder liquid in the brew so was okay) and it went off like a rocket!! In fact it's still going quite fast and has been great to watch, it smells amazing, hopefully it quits soon so I can bottle it! I'm gonna prime with more of the cordial, then get a cherry brew on.

Thank you so much for this recipe :thumb:

While I'm waiting for my other half to have her hair done, I may have to pop into the polish shop! Admittedly I'll have to keep this one quiet as I've already got 6 wines on the go and she is moaning that it's too many.

Do you guys find you need to age it or is it ok to drink straight away?

Fingers crossed they have that juice!

I managed to get to the local polish shop today and got a cherry and a raspberry one.

I used 500g of sugar in them to raise the abv a little bit. Fingers crossed they go well!

OOO gunna have to give this a go tomorrow ive done my knee in but i think this may be worth the pain walking to asda.
This also might be good for my strawberry and lime cider for the mrs, ive been promising her i'd brew her some for quite some time. :twisted:

I've pretty much been making juice wines and have wanted to do a raspberry as its naturally sweet . But you cant find pure raspberry juice so this sounds worth a try.

Hi all

I'm new to home brewing and would like to make a 1gal batch of this raspberryade.
My fiancé is polish so it seems only right to make her some lol: from what I understand would this process work:

1x bottle of raspberry syrup
400g sugar
4ltrs of water
Yeast ( I have a 5g pack of wilko gervin universal wine yeast, will this work?)

Dissolve the sugar in 1ltr of boiled water
Do I then add the syrup and the rest of the water and heat or
add the sugar water solution to the demijohn and the add the rest of the water and syrup cold?

Ant.

I've heard a spoonful of tomato puree or a vitamin B tablet can be used as nutrient, although I've not tried either and dunno what effect the tomato puree might have on the taste of a batch of raspberryade, if any.

How long does everyone leave this to mature for? I've made cherry and raspberry ones as per the recipe, although they won't be sparkling. Got them nice and clear so racked them again today and was planning to leave them until xmas.

One of the beautiful things about this recipe is that you can drink it onces its carbonated!
It tastes good from 7 days after bottling but it depends on ur tempertatures of storage, but i can tell u for sure if you have a taste of it next week... it wont last till christmas ;)

Just curious why wont they be sparkling didnt u want to prime them?

I wasn't 100% sure on how to carbonate them properly, and while I was reading up on it I stupidly added potassium sorbate to it.

If it's ready for drinking straight away I may need to go back to the polish shop in town!

Cheers for the replies :)

That's a good idea, didn't think of using a soda stream. I've only ever made still wines, and wanted to make sure it was nice before I learnt his to carbonate it (as it could be another thing I can potentially mess up!).

Back