Raspberryade

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46g of white sugar per 5L batch desolved in 250ml of boil water and topped up to a pint with cold water and mixed into a pot with the racked of contents of ur DJ
works every time for me. Adding all the sugar at once in a hot water solution is called batch priming and is by far the easist way toget ur bottles carbonated.
Good luck for next time thou :drink:

I added about 70ml of syrup to prime (one gallon brew) and also threw in couple of tsp of sugar when I was heating the syrup. It's only been three weeks but they don't seem very fizzy yet.

This might sound sill but if I follow this recipe:
The full 440ml of “Syrop owocowy” ((Raspberry stuff))
4.5L water
400g white sugar
1 flat teaspoon of Youngs superwine yeast and nutrient

How long will it take and what will the ABV end up as?

Thanks,
Mathius

I've found the bigger Tescos have this, but as mine is only a small one I had to goto the Polish food shopping town. I would have thought any reasonably supermarket would have it though.

I just picked up 3 bottles of this from Tesco... Look forward to getting something going over the weekend

I tried some earlier to sweeten a young cider... Made it taste lkke the red Jaques cider... Lovely stuff

I've just gone down my local polish food store and they had about 4 flavours of this cordial. I've used it to back sweeten a 14% raspberry & blackberry wine that I've made from scratch. Tastes awesome... Not sure I should be drinking 5 week old brew though, not sure what that is going to do to my digestive system!

Hi all, I've just got a gallon of this underway I got the raspberry juice from tesco for £1, on closer inspection when I got home I found out it was raspberry and lemon flavour!!!

I used:-

1 bottle of the polish juice
400g brewing sugar
1tsp citric
3 tsp yeast nutrient
4.5 litres still mineral water
1 tsp Youngs super wine yeast

My OG was 1.080

This should turn out to be rather nice :cheers:

Jay

I just started one of these off

1 bottle polish raspberry syrup
500g sugar disolved in warm water
2 tsp yeast nutrient
1 sachet muntons wine yeast
In 4.5 litres of water. SG either 1.070 or 1.080.. Didnt write it down then forgot what it was.. Haha

Didnt put lemon juice in as got a concentrate and when putting it all together noticed it had E preservatives in it so thought id better not... Will this effect the end product much

Also made up a student brew base with left over sugar & yeast... Should make a decent base for something.. Any ideas of good flavourings for this type of thing??

Forgot all about this. I went away for a few days without topping up the DJ. I started it 6 days ago and it's just below the shoulder. Does anyone know if it will be ok?

:pray:

Hi all, just checked on mine and the fermentation has finished, my FG was 1.005 :cheers:

I have racked to a new fermentor and added wine stabiliser and it is now clearing in a cool place.

Has anyone made this with 4L AJ and bottled, tested it yet? Would love feedback as I kicked off a bottle (raspberry), with 3L AJ 3 days ago with a cider yeast and it's been going like the clappers ever since. It smells amazing but I'd like feedback from others. No idea of the ABV though as once again I got too eager and forgot to take a hydrometer reading.

I've made this adding 1L of pear and 1L grape juice but never apple, the pear and grape turned out nice but it seriously increased waiting time and abv!

I didn't take into account the extra sugars in the juice so ended up with a stronger than normal batch, it still went down a treat thou

If I was to do a apple verion I would only change about 50% of the to juice
But that's just my opinion, I u already have ur own tC recipe then do it!!
And feel free to post ur recipe and results

Took the plunge and got one on today. But me being me decided to experiment with some kitchen cupboard stocks....

Bottle of polish raspberry juice
3/4 DJ of water (left room to top up in case it gets all lively at the outset)
400g white sugar
1tsp baking yeast
1 effervescent orange vitamin C tablet
1tsp marmite (for yeast nutrient)

OG: 1.062

Once any initial foaming has settled I'll top up the DJ with some more water.

May not go well but I'm enjoying playing with ingriedents that you would have in the kitchen. And if it's vinegar I can cook with it, it's not cost me much LOL.

I've been given a 5L pressure barrel I'm going to give that a go for my one when it's ready. Batch prime in the barrel. Although that might make it too easy to drink when I'm off work over Crimbo :whistle:

Just about to bottle this stuff.. I want to prime it with the molina syrup.. Can someone confirm my maths correct as I dont want any bottle bombs.

If using sugar Id be pitting in 1tsp/500ml bottle
1tsp = 4g

Label says molina is 64.9g sugar per 100ml

64.9/100 = 0.649g/ml

So im thinking i need to add around 6.5ml/500ml for priming

Done a gallon of the original recipe but instead 400g of mixed light muscavado/Demerara/white sugar :)

My sg is 1065 so it seem like it will be quite strong !

Ant.

I have tried making this using dark brown sugars like someone posted but it came out with a very bitter edge, I think I used half white half demiera and sad to say it wasn't very nice

I would highly recommend adding some sort of artificial sweetner
If uve used dark brown sugars :$

Has anyone tried the blacurrant version of this? My local tesco finally had it in today and so I bought a few bottles. I'll probably do a TC with it first though. Would one 440ml bottle of syrup be enough for 2 gallons of cider?

I tried my Raspberryade on saturday night (it's been bottled a month maybe) and it was very drinkable. One pint was enough to annoy my stomach though so I couldn't drink it in large quantities (and I'd drunk a lot of cider beforehand which didn't help), but it didn't taste alcoholic and was nicely fizzy.

If using the syrup for priming you might find it easier to mix the whole batch's worth of syrup with some hot water, and rack your brew onto it. MIX WELL - and gently - because it will sit at the bottom if you don't. It's messy and fiddly measuring teaspoons of syrup into bottles!

Got a bottle of this from tesco's earlier for a pound. It was Raspberry and Lemon flavour which i havent seen anyone mention yet.

Back