recipe please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabbie

Reaction score
hi all, i would like to have a go at brewing my own beer, i like quite light coloured ales with a hoppy taste with a strength of around 4.5%abv such as hawkshead lakeland gold.
can anyone point me in the direction of a recipe please.

p.s. i dont have any fancy equipment, only a fermenting bin and a keg to put it in later

thanks

tim

I suggest you try something like Burotn's Summer Ale and dry hop it with fuggles or you prefer something more citrusy like cascade. It makes a nice pleasant drink :thumb:

is dry hopping where i just put them in a cloth and float them in the brew? and if so, how long for?

hi dry hopping is where you just pop em in your fermentation bucket (in a sterilized muslin bag ) half way through fermenting after about 5 days or more ,you may want to weigh em down with a spoon as they float . if you have a 2nd fv then you add them after you transfer brew to 2nd fv instead of in 1st fv you may want betwwen 20g to 60g but it depends how strong the alpha acid in the hops are and how hoppy you like it :thumb:

Latest posts

Back