Red grape and Blueberry rose

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What temperature was it at when you pitched the yeast?

How cold is it where the wine is fermenting?

Are you using any kind of heat source?

It's bubbling crazy now. It 2 as saying it was 20 degrees in the cupboard. So I wrapped a towel round it and a few hours later. It was going crazy and smells amazing. When I took a reading after I made it. It was 1.080 so the should give me around 12% is that right

I took a reading it is .990. It's bubbling every 2 mins I took a sample it is very dry and doesn't really taste like wine. Should I leave it for a while before racking into the other bucket

Is the thought that WOW should be racked, Camden etc as it's done. It was said leave it another week to let the yeast clean up?

You can leave it a week but if you read the part in blue in the first post in the juice wine thread you will see its not really necessary.

Will the taste improve over time racking it. It's really dry should I try and back sweeten it with more grape juice or sugar.

If its too dry for you i don't think waiting will help, you can back sweeten which I used to with sugar added to each bottle once stabilised, next time stop it at .995 and see if you prefer it.

Back