Reflections - how do we all keep fit ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
This time last year I was recovering from a heart attack give or take a week.

Tonight I’ve just come back from a quick adrenalin pumping 8km bike ride.

How quickly things change in a year.

Feeling good !

How do you folks keep on the right side of the grim reaper ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually walk 6 miles a day at work, but I golf and ride my bike as much as possible. I also do the odd instructor live session but not for a while.

By doing my commute by bike (about 120miles/193km) per week

I’m 13 miles from work. Would like to be able to ride there and back before the summer is out. I’m only on a mountain bike at moment - could do with a decent road bike !

I’m 13 miles from work. Would like to be able to ride there and back before the summer is out. I’m only on a mountain bike at moment - could do with a decent road bike !

My commute is 15miles each way. My recumbent is a road bike version so good for the 30 miles per day

I don't need to try... I've got an incredibly physical job. 52 yrs old, 5'10" and 180lbs of rippling muscle. Unlike the lardasses in the office - half my age, twice the weight, first out of the stalls when the chuck wagon arrives and constantly moaning about being knackered. I'll give 'em 10yrs tops if they carry on like that.

I don't need to try... I've got an incredibly physical job. 52 yrs old, 5'10" and 180lbs of rippling muscle. Unlike the lardasses in the office - half my age, twice the weight, first out of the stalls when the chuck wagon arrives and constantly moaning about being knackered. I'll give 'em 10yrs tops if they carry on like that.

Plus all the fire burning curries Gunge ! That’s got to be giving you an immune system like a Ninja [emoji106]

Some days i have to do a fair bit of walking in my job others very little i used to cycle quite a lot for pleasure but haven't for a while maybe i should get the old push iron out of the shed and see if its still road worthy.

In spring and summer (autumn when it is nice weather) I commute with my bike (not every day), daily walk with the dog, in autumn and winter, yoga, I like to work in the garden, but that amount is limited (and I have to take care my hernia does not awake).

I done three years regular couple of times a week at the gym and some cycling after my hip replacement,I developed a nasty bout of sacrolitis which I put down to the gym so stopped going...that was about a year ago. I'm getting too fat now so must resume....

There is some cracking biking go on !
I need to sort my gears out [emoji23]

I should have added I do a lot on my allotment,put a poly tunnel up earlier this year and work shifts...shifts doesn't exactly inspire me to go running round...

Cycle about twice a week. If times allows it' 100 mile a week.

Best fitness I looking after the kids. My 3 year wants to race everywhere and told me earlier his favourite thing was running. He keeps me fit

I play football once a week, cycle to work (only a couple of miles each way), kayak. I try to make healthy decisions; e.g. choose to walk to town or cycle rather than use the car, take stairs rather than elevator / lift. I'm finding that now that I'm in my forties fitness is hard won and easily lost.....

Latest posts

Back