Reminder Please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liverot

Reaction score
Hello,

Merry Christmas everybody.

Just about to make 23 litres of Turbo Cider

20 litres of Tesco AJ and 2 litres of Grape Juice.

Total sugar content comes to 2889 grammes.

Do I just put all in a fermenter vessel and add 1 sachet of Cider Yeast and wait?

Cheers

Nothing else on the go - at the moment

Thanks for the reply.

no you need to dissolve the sugar first in pre boiled water then bung it all in a fermenter and add yeast/quote]

That was the sugar content of the juice - I was not reckoning to add anymore sugar.

liverot said:
That was the sugar content of the juice - I was not reckoning to add anymore sugar.
That sugar content in 22 litres will give you a starting gravity of 1.047 which should finish somewhere around 6-7% alcohol, so you're quite right, no more sugar should be necessary.

Stick a vanilla pod in there, go on, you know you want to.
OR about half a pound of grated ginger....

NB I may have been drinkign

I did - I put Ginger in it - should give it a nice flavour.

Merry Christmas

If you want clear cider you will need 1tsp of pectolase per gallon. Also you may want tp increase the tannin by adding 1tsp per gallon of grape tannin. This will make it much better along with 1 tsp of malic acid per gallon. TC can be a bit disappointing and insipid especially when young. All the above will help even if you have started fermentation you can still add them.

First batch of TC I did I just used juice and yeast so I could see what it tasted like, that way I will know what to add to it in future brews to get it more to my taste. Tbh if you like strongbow then you will like TC. In my opinion it tastes quite similar, its refreshing and it wil cost you quite a bit less than the 3 quid per 2 litre bottle that you would pay at an off licence!

Latest posts

Back