Sabro Hops at Malt Miller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Was looking for Novolager yeast and spotted these, 100g for £1.49 2021 so ordered 6 packs.
I have never used these and I know they are 2021 but no doubt will have been stored correctly by MM so not worried. Grab a bargain if you are into this style of hop.
Ps what are they like by anybody that has used them

Was looking for Novolager yeast and spotted these, 100g for £1.49 2021 so ordered 6 packs.
I have never used these and I know they are 2021 but no doubt will have been stored correctly by MM so not worried. Grab a bargain if you are into this style of hop.

Supposed to be coconut or something. Wouldn't have a clue what to do with them to be honest :confused:

Edit: sorry not helpful comment 🤣

I will do a large whirlpool and dry hop at the price I have paid hopefully should be tropical with a hint of coconut.
I would think the hops are even though 2 years old pretty good as MM do look after their stock well, may do it next brew.

Thanks for this. I was only thinking earlier today to make a Sabro pale ale.

I did a sabro porter which was nice and may redo at some point. Did get some coconut but only slightly.

Also used in a hazy pale ale. Slightly less coconut but plenty of tropical fruits

Thanks LeeH I think I will just do a smash IPA to get the taste of the hops first

Hmmmm, not sure why Brewfarther isn’t sharing.

IMG_7400.png

Attachments

• IMG_7399.png
    IMG_7399.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 0
Did you use the spectrum for the dry hop or was it just a standard 20g dry hop LeeH?

I've used Sabro quite alot but have never had coconut from it. Wish I did.

Just got a Neipa on the go that had a large Sabro whirlpool and Strata and Nelson in the dry hop so looking forward to seeing how that turns out. Aiming for 'Tropical'!

I've used Sabro quite alot but have never had coconut from it. Wish I did.

Just got a Neipa on the go that had a large Sabro whirlpool and Strata and Nelson in the dry hop so looking forward to seeing how that turns out. Aiming for 'Tropical'!

When I added the extract, the coconut smell was insane. Smelt like a Thai curry.

After reading the comments in the previous thread how would I get to know what it is really like as doing a smash would seem to be too thuggish.
Any suggestions on how use it from brewers that have used it i.e on its own or a blend that has worked TIA

Would it come through? Not a lot does in my experience when it comes to hops.
The coconut was noticeable in the hazy that's for sure. Brew club immediately identified the sabro by smell and taste when we had a tasting.
I would want to add coconut as well if I was making the above stout.

Latest posts

Back