Sam's brew day's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered some new hops to try out
Opus 100g
Ernest 225g
Cascade (UK) 100g
Harlequin 100g
Olicana 100g

Planning a single hopped golden ale with Ernest, IPA with Olicane, Harlequin & Ernest and a pale ale with the Cascade & Opus. I have some WLP023 in the fridge

Ernest is one of my favourites, really nice fruity flavour/aroma. I'm sure you've seen but one of my 'house' beers is an ernest and bramling x pale. I havent really tried dry hopping with Ernest till this last one that I haven't tried yet but it's good in the whirlpool.

Ernest is one of my favourites, really nice fruity flavour/aroma. I'm sure you've seen but one of my 'house' beers is an ernest and bramling x pale. I havent really tried dry hopping with Ernest till this last one that I haven't tried yet but it's good in the whirlpool.
Looking forward to giving them a try.

Starter is showing good signs, hopefully I will get to brew on Friday
IMG_20230607_063747584_HDR.jpg

My bottle stock is really low. I checked my garage, I have the following conditioning
Belgian tripel
Brett Saison
Biere de garde
I also found 4 grates of various beers.. mainly imperial stouts, most are over carbonated. A case of tropical stout plus different Bret experiments. I really should dump all these bottles.
My problem is I have a Saison, Belgian Wit and an imperial stout all needing sorted. I might have to end up kegging the Wit and Saison.

Bottled some and kegged the rest of the Saison. High hopes for this, hopefully it lives up to expectations. Tasted fresh and light 👌

English pale ale

5.5kg Maris
300g biscuit malt
150g crystal 145
150g crystal 40
150g dextrin malt

20g UK cascade@60mins
15g cascade + 15g Opus@10mins
15g cascade + 35g Opus@hopstand
50g Opus@dry hop

Og 1.052
Yeast WLP 023

Last edited:
Kegged and bottled my Belgian Wit last night. Unexpected brew tonight, Belgian pale so I can use some of the WLP 400 yeast

5kg Maris otter
200g biscuit malt
200g cara gold

5g magnum+ 5g cascade @60mins
20g Ernest@ 10 mins
35g Ernest+35g cascade @flameout

I might dry hop with some Ernest hops

So I haven't brewed since the start of July. Picked up yeast today and hops from the malt miller to try. The plan is a Saison, bitter and IPA. Just checked my grain, hopefully I will get brewing next week 👌
View attachment 90321

May the brewing gods be with you🙏. Similar story here, it was 26th July for me. If the stars align I’m brewing an Irish Red for nitro on Saturday, with a Kolsch and Cold IPA to follow.

Back on the saddle Saison

Basically what ever I had open. This is a guesstimate.

1kg pilsner malt
2kg ale malt
1kg rye malt
200g wheat
500g chit malt
500g sugar

20g Ernest hops @30mins
35g Ernest hops @ flame out

OG 1.058

Yeast farm house vibes

Last edited:
ESB

4.5kg Maris otter
200g flaked barley
200g crystal 40
200g crystal 225

40g fuggles@60min
20gfuggles@10min
50g barbe rouge@flameout

Yeast WHC Bond
OG 1.056

Just kegged the ESB, Tasted and looked well. Looking at getting one more brew on for Christmas.
I have a Saison, ESB and a American pale already. My imperial is about to kick so I am thinking maybe something dark

Just kegged the ESB, Tasted and looked well. Looking at getting one more brew on for Christmas.
I have a Saison, ESB and a American pale already. My imperial is about to kick so I am thinking maybe something dark
American Brown, then we can have a swap to compare...I'm brewing one this weekend

Latest posts

Back