Show us your stash.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mike383838 said:
:D :D :D :D

Yes, I turned the credit card bill into a new mortgage recently (im free for another 20 years :nah: ), otherwise I could not be starting this new hobby. I have to make a really good wine before I can get my beautiful wife (SHMBO), on board, (she's fussy, likes the finer things, if you get me, not sure why she picked me, Oh I remember, she loves George Cloney :)), and for that I need Ade's (A.K.A. Moley's) brain, or maybe his aged stash of fine matured red wines. :pray: Anyway like you this place has started me thinking "can I save money by making my own" or is this gona kill me by poisoning :drunk: or nagging :wha: :)

You could always get some expensive wine then stick it in your own bottles and pretend you made it! :haha: It's definitely an expensive hobby for you if you now have a mortgage! :haha: I'm lucky in that mine doesn't like the finer things, cheap and tacky haha (I hire she doesn't read that!).

I used some orange WOW, the taste was still a little sharp as it hasn't aged properly, a little bit of lemonade, she loved it and I managed to get the go ahead to do more! Gave the SWMBO a glass of Solomon Grundy strawberry wine. It was their 7 day kit, she absolutely loved it. Maybe worth trying that as well.

tommy2teas said:
oldstout said:
You using photobucket? :wha:

no im using picasa, maybe thats the problem :hmm:

2012-10-25185226.jpg

ah yes photobucket works better :thumb:

You could always get some expensive wine then stick it in your own bottles and pretend you made it! :haha:

Oh No.... that wont work because she will demand a production line of that wine and then I lose both ways. LOL

I'm hoping this Shiraz will work out to her liking. But I tell you what, the "Hippy Juice" is sampling nicely, so if she likes that Ill get off cheap at 60p a bottle. I will tell her it is my most expensive wine of course so she feels its costing me more than my soul. ;)

29thAugCurrentstocks.jpg

kinda hoping this works ... a few wines beers and cider .. strted a few more since this was taken:P

The mead / orange / ginger wines have all been bottled and i now hve 40 pnts of coopers austrlian lager (kit) stored in a keg along with 10 or so bottles of another lager in bottles under the stairs.

A keg of cider from fruit concentrate (but that dint turn out too good - cider seems to be my bug bear)

Blackberry / raspberry / mead batch 2 / kiwi all to be racked soon for the last time

Currently fermenting a chocolate wine and also a chocolate orange wine

Just started a mango wine
a mango and red grape wine
also going to give a grape wine a go lol

I have really enjoyed looking at some of these stshes and i hope that you all post more - i will when i get em all bottled

Anyone stocking up for Christmas :party: :party: :party:

Get clicking :thumb:

And SHOWUS YOUR STASH!!!

:cheers:

Just finished bottling 42 bottles! Taken ages and that was even after I gave up filtering them halfway through. I was hoping to get another 18 bottled but the tea bag wines ain't ready for bottling. I think I was being optimistic though, straight from fermenting to bottles, so instead I'm in the procession racking them, then going to add some finings.

I've got Ribena, strawberry Ribena, apple and mango, cherry, raspberry, pineapple, and blueberry. The cherry and raspberry ones were supposed to be made with the raspberryade recipe, but I made the mistake of killing the yeast. The next ones will be fizzy though!

I've already got plans for nearly all my empty DJs, all 9 of them! :cheers:

stevie1556 said:
Well since ya asked.....

azy2arab.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice one stevie :thumb:

Remember... keep on brewing and watch that stash grow :grin:

:cheers:

Here's my crown jewel, sloe gin made with my best mate back in 2004, I drink some about once a year when he pops over from Oz, it's rich and just gets better......

yhehu2ab.jpg

The rest of my stuff has come indoors for winter as it's hitting - 5 here on a regular basis. All tucked up with my carboy of lambic beer that's 3 months into it's primary ferment.

va6y5esy.jpg

Brought all my beer in as a precaution of it freezing in the garage. I can't get in my studio anymore but I reckon I'm ready for the holidays...

Stash_zps4d41de44.jpg

DirtyC

Back