Something out of nothing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ally_sives

Reaction score
Hi, I'm really new to homebrewing and I have a couple of bits and pieces laying around and I'm a bit bored so fancied making a brew. Think I can make anything reasonable out of this?

3kg cbw briess golden light extract
Simcoe 100g
Citra 100g

Cheers

That's a great recipe. Thought it would be a simple one with the amount of stuff I had lol. Was going to get more hops and go for a hoppy IPA but I cannot wait I want to make some now!

You could add some Citra, either 5 mins or steep after the heat is off. And / or dry hop.

Yeah I was thinking of dry hopping. Glad it's only a 15 minute boil as I was worried about losing wort over a 60 minute boil.

Putting lots of hops in late with no early hops is becoming increasingly popular. Read the recipe link above.

There are lots of great articles on that website. And some great recipes too, with full brewing explanations. Extract, partial mash and all grain.

That's a great recipe. Thought it would be a simple one with the amount of stuff I had lol. Was going to get more hops and go for a hoppy IPA but I cannot wait I want to make some now!

Did you make this Ally?

Yeah I did as it happened. Did it yesterday. Apart from a little boil over it all went pretty good. I may have over used the hops a tad but I wanted it hoppy.

Latest posts

Back