Spoilt Yeast/Brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivanhoe71

Reaction score
I made a stupid mistake today by pitching my yeast in to the wort at a temperature of 75c instead of 75 f . I guess I've killed the yeast? Can I pitch another one tomorrow? Help appreciated

I would say yes, there wouldnt be any harm at all in adding new yeast seeing as the original is almost deffinately dead. I made the same mistake just two days ago.
I could be wrong, this is only assumption and a novice brewer saying this, but i dont think it matters what yeast you use next, providing obviously that its acceptable for that style of beer you are brewing.
I have seen comments about making sure to use the same yeast strain as the original but if the yeast has died already without being able to work its magic i suspect a different yeast wouldnt be to the beers detrement?
Please correct me if this theory is incorrect.

Thanks I'll pitch today. I am still a bit concerned that because the wort was not chilled properly that would also be ruined. I'll see in a few weeks!

Latest posts

Back