Star hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have any information on Star hops beyond what is available here? https://essentiallyhops.co.uk/product/h ... ants/star/

I planted one of these in my garden last year and it is now growing. I know it is a bit early but I'm wondering what beer I should brew with this when (hopefully) I get some hops off it later this year...

Cheers,

Les
I'd not heard of them and they sound great. I'd be inclined to dig out a recipe for Taras Boulba and substitute all the hops with Star.
Remember you'll need 6-7 times the quantity of fresh hops as you would dry hops.Alternatively, use Saaz r Mittelfruh for bittering and then chuck the whole crop into the beer at flameout.

I'd be inclined to dig out a recipe for Taras Boulba and substitute all the hops with Star.
Thanks for that suggestion. I was planning to do a parti-gyle with a stronger pale/blonde ale for the first runnings and a lighter table beer with the second runnings and this looks like a good candidate for that.

I just need the hops to grow and for me to rebuild my brewery...

Latest posts

Back