Strawberry beer recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m_rawdin

Regular.
Reaction score
Has anyone got a good strawberry beer recipe, lager based rather than ale. I'm looking for something along the lines of Fruli or Timmermans, my Google searching didn't really find anything that really did it for me.

I think Fruli is back sweetened with strawberry extract, though I may be wrong on that.

I don't have a specific recipe to suggest as I don't brew lagers, but I did recently brew a German wheat beer then racked onto 750g of pulped strawberries in a 4.5l Demi John after fermentation had largely finished. There's a pretty decent strawberry flavour but the character of the original beer remains underneath, so the approach seems to have been reasonably successful and could be applied to a base recipe of your choice.

I think Fruli is back sweetened with strawberry extract, though I may be wrong on that.

I don't have a specific recipe to suggest as I don't brew lagers, but I did recently brew a German wheat beer then racked onto 750g of pulped strawberries in a 4.5l Demi John after fermentation had largely finished. There's a pretty decent strawberry flavour but the character of the original beer remains underneath, so the approach seems to have been reasonably successful and could be applied to a base recipe of your choice.

That's great cheers, I found a strawberry beer recipe in the Greg Hughes book. I've tweaked it a little, should be good anyway.

Latest posts

Back