Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Bubbleyjugs
Can you post the juice details so we can have a look.
What % juice is there in the carton?
Is there any sugar or is it just sweetener?
When using 100% juice you don't need to use 4 litres of juice in 5 litre DJ the taste will be way to strong
Don't do it the preservative is there for a reason and boiling doesn't get rid of it, google Ribena wine slow fermentation and you'll find loads like me who tried it and it failed.

Attachments

• 8D92A55D-14EB-4540-8D81-A94A7344C3C2.jpeg
    8D92A55D-14EB-4540-8D81-A94A7344C3C2.jpeg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
You have 45g of sugar and only 25% juice there is no point in using this in a DJ as there is too much water get some 100% juice or better still a 23-litre fermenting vessel then you could use this juice you would use all 4 and call it one litre of juice and 180g sugar.

You have 45g of sugar and only 25% juice there is no point in using this in a DJ as there is too much water get some 100% juice or better still a 23-litre fermenting vessel then you could use this juice you would use all 4 and call it one litre of juice and 180g sugar.
Thanks for that. I was going to use two of those and two apple juices. In a 5litre bottle. So it works out at 2.5 litre of juice and 1.5 litre of water plus a cup of tea. I may even put some dried fruit in as an extra nutrient. I’ll let you know how I get on.

With so little grape juice it's going to taste like watery cider i would go for -
1.5 litre apple juice
1 litre red grape juice
1 litre of you juice drink

With so little grape juice it's going to taste like watery cider i would go for -
1.5 litre apple juice
1 litre red grape juice
1 litre of you juice drink
I can’t get hold of any pure rgj. I’ve got a couple of cartons of cranberry though. So cranberry and apple it is. Not changing my mind this time. It’s all trial and error at the end of the day.

Wine finings
I only seem to see finings for sale in amounts for 23 litres. but in packs you cannot seal
like you cut the corner off and i guess you need to use it all ASAP
As use 1 gallon demijohns this kinda puts me off buying them
does anyone know where to get finings that can be sealed back up or for use in 1 gallon amounts at a reasonable price?

Wine finings
I only seem to see finings for sale in amounts for 23 litres. but in packs you cannot seal
does anyone know where to get finings that can be sealed back up or for use in 1 gallon amounts at a reasonable price?
Wine finings
This one does upto 270 litres.

Attachments

• 9E98BA61-45B3-4F7F-9192-B82A4BB855BF.png
    9E98BA61-45B3-4F7F-9192-B82A4BB855BF.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 7736EACE-8CBF-48C3-8988-48A682484816.png
    7736EACE-8CBF-48C3-8988-48A682484816.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
The fastest finings i have used and my go to brand is KwiK Clear If you can get it locally buy some and give it a try if not find the cheapest KwiK Clear on Ebay, it lasts ages and does the job brilliantly so worth paying the postage.

Be careful as there are two sizes -

Sufficient to treat 70 - 135 litres & 135 - 270 litres.

1614195480389.png

Thanks for the replies, i've ordered some now that i know it comes in a container that means you don't have to use it all in one go :)

I doubt it'll stop there but uou can still make 30 bottles of wine for less than £20 so still worth doing

MrsK has just finished off the last bottle of my first attempt at a WoW (standard RGJ + Apple). It's been a qualified success. She describes it as a little to tart for her taste. So, I'm thinking of adding some lactose to the next batch. The question is how much should I go for? (a one gallon batch).

She describes it as a little to tart for her taste. So, I'm thinking of adding some lactose to the next batch.

You could try stopping it early and see if that helps.

Dry Wine: 0.990 - 1.007

Semisweet Wine: 1.008 - 1.015

Sweet Wine: 1.016 - 1.025

Dessert Wine: 1.025+

As an alternative to using juice, you could also use the frozen fruit widely available at supermarkets. I use ASDA frozen berries to make a Summer Berry wine. The Mrs loves it!

Summer Berry wine​

Recipe & Notes:

2.5kg frozen Summer Berry
6.5L water
1 kg w sugar
Gervin GV11 yeast
Pectic enzyme
Yeast nutrient

Ferment dry, stabilize and backsweeten. Add acid blend and tannin as needed

Threads Merged - Admin.

Hi,
This has been a long time coming, tbh. I watched this video -

- a few times during lockdown, and told myself I'd get around to it at some point. Then lockdown ended, and it went on the backburner.
Well, last weekend I actually went and had a go, and I don't know how I'm going to get through the next couple of weeks waiting for it to be ready!

I've already got plans for some different flavours, and I've been looking at some ale kits - but that seems like a step up from this.

Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' athumb..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back