Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 teaspoon recommended per gallom. But then camden tablet would have doubled up

You haven't doubled up as you said earlier -

Stabiliser contains sodium metabisulphite and potassium sorbate. Cambden tablets contains sodium metabisulphate and polethylene glycol. Because looks like both contain sodium metabisulphite do you think it will still be drinkable?

They are both a mix of two chemicals so you are not putting 2 teaspoons of sodium metabisulphite into each DJ.

Hey chippy, I am just starting your rose wine, can you tell me when I am supposed to put the citric acid in?

Cheers
Andy

Put this on today:
2ltr asda wgj
1 ltr dimes sour cherry.
600g sugar making 1060g totals.
pectolase, citric, 2 tbag tannin, nutrient, glycerine, balihoo yeast.

Usually only make my wows with 1 ltr wgj but thought I'd try 2ltr as the wife got me 8 cartons from asda that they were selling off at 50p each:D, question is what difference will this make?

I have never tried doubling up the grape juice, it will be interesting to find out if the difference is noticeable.

Just a heads up

Lidl have RGJ x1ltr for 95p.

Loads of it.

Scaff

Popped to Hastings Asda yesterday to try & buy some White grape juice. Had 3 people looking for it. None anywhere. They don't seem to do it anymore. Tried 3 times now over the last couple of months. They don't have it online either. They had loads of RGJ though. Wonder why its soooo hard to get down here :wha:
I think Waitrose sell WGJ but we dont have one anywhere near and its £1.75 a litre.

Put this on today:
2ltr asda wgj
1 ltr dimes sour cherry.
600g sugar making 1060g totals.
pectolase, citric, 2 tbag tannin, nutrient, glycerine, balihoo yeast.

Usually only make my wows with 1 ltr wgj but thought I'd try 2ltr as the wife got me 8 cartons from asda that they were selling off at 50p each:D, question is what difference will this make?

If you haven't already tried it give red grape juice with a litre of apple juice a try i think you'll be surprised how it turns out.

You could also try it with a litre of cranberry, pomegranate or raspberry.

Has anyone tried making a prune wow? I started one last nite and wondering is anyone has tried it before. I used 1ltr lidl rgj, 1ltr tesco 100% prune and 500g of sugar then topped up with filtered water, should hit the 11.5% mark.

yellafella posted -

1L Aldi Rio Dora Red Grape Juice
1L Aldi Rio Dora Orange Juice with Juicy Bits
1L Aldi Rio Dora Mixed Fruit Juice (Grape Juice Main)
900gm Sugar
1 x Earl Grey, 1 x Yorkshire Tea
1tsb of each of the following, Ritchies Bentonite, Youngs Pectolase, Youngs Yeast Nutrient & Youngs Super Yeast Compound

just got these juices from aldi, would I need to put 2L in or are they 100% and only need 1L to my 1L red grape, read the label but don't understand it yet.

my red grape and cherry juice wow is done, omg its lush !!! and I don't normally like red wine . more than happy with it I have to say . thanks guys having so much fun with this

my red grape and cherry juice wow is done, omg its lush !!! and I don't normally like red wine . more than happy with it I have to say . thanks guys having so much fun with this

Great news, what are you planning next?

My first go at a WOW is orange and purple grape (could find any white) and after only 5 days in the DJ it's slowed to a bubble every 5 mins or so. It's also lightened in colour considerably and has about 1/2 inch of lees at the bottom.

Should I be considering racking it already??

My first go at a WOW is orange and purple grape (could find any white) and after only 5 days in the DJ it's slowed to a bubble every 5 mins or so. It's also lightened in colour considerably and has about 1/2 inch of lees at the bottom.

Should I be considering racking it already??

Five days is very fast, do you have a hydrometer? if you don't its difficult to know if it has finished, airlock activity cannot always be relied on as a sigh of fermentation progress.

You could taste it and see if its sweet or dry this would give some indication.

If it has finished you need to leave it another week in the DJ to allow the yeast to clean up after itself then its time to rack to a clean DJ.

Love wows. Done so many varieties and theyre very nice.

Put this one on on sunday:

300ml of lime cordial (boiled for 10 minutes to remove any ****)
1l of pomegranate juice
1.5l of white grape juice
800g of table sugar
wine yeast
nutrient
pectolase
glycerine

Hoping for a very dry, citrussy white.

Can you post the ingredients for each carton.

thrown them away now, but I think I got the idea of it in the end, I done a easy rose that you put up, 100% red grape and 100%apple, that was fine.
then I done another one
rgj 100%, forest fruit from concentrate 27%, and I added another ltr of cranberry from concentrate 35 % I think. ? what do you think

Latest posts

Back