supplier of circular heating elements

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulfg

Reaction score
does anyone know where to buy circular water heating elements ?
I am looking for one to fit into a thermopot ideally 3.5 kw low density

You will struggle to get 3.5 kilo watt from a 240 volt supply, unless you are using an uprated socket, or have a specific supply wired for it.

Watts = volts x Amps, so 240 volts x 13 Amps (maximum for a normal socket) = 240x13 = 3,120 Watts (3.1 kilo Watts).

For under £6 you can get 'value' kettles from the big supermarkets, remove the element and you've got a 2.4 kilo watt element.

yes I understand the problem with the socket but I have a dedicated supply from my fuse box

what I am looking to do is build a single vessel on the lines of a spiedel brewmaister with a central pipe or bucket for the malt so need to find a circular element that would allow something to fit inside I maybe need to find somewhere that will produce an element to a drawing
the pot should be able to handle a 50 litre brew length that is why I think I need 3500 watts as the 50 litre spiedel braumaister uses 3250 watts element

paulfg said:
yes I understand the problem with the socket but I have a dedicated supply from my fuse box

what I am looking to do is build a single vessel on the lines of a spiedel brewmaister with a central pipe or bucket for the malt so need to find a circular element that would allow something to fit inside I maybe need to find somewhere that will produce an element to a drawing
the pot should be able to handle a 50 litre brew length that is why I think I need 3500 watts as the 50 litre spiedel braumaister uses 3250 watts element

This lot will make whatever you want, we use them for stuff for our tool room :)

http://www.elmatic.co.uk/

Latest posts

Back