The 'Alevent' Calendar...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadrikXIV

Regular.
Reaction score
Well not actually usually all Ale, but the last 2 years, for the countdown to Christmas I do myself a 25 days of Christmas Alevent calendar, ending usually on a silly Christmas day beer, Samichlaus was the first of them.

Ordered online I grab 25 beers from around the world, then get the other half to hide them in the box, and draw some doors.

25112011115.jpg

25112011114.jpg

25112011113.jpg

25112011112.jpg

25112011111.jpg

27112011119edit.jpg

My build up to Christmas is generally a 'World Tour' by the power of beer on my settee :D

I usually order it around the last fortnight of November, then it's boxed up to avoid temptation :D

Although then ask if it's Decemeber every day :wha:
Once the 1st hits, it's open the door when I get up, then put it in the fridge until I get home from work and :drink:

Theme for the last 2 years was a world tour, but getting trickier as seem to have done most of the countries on Beers of Europe's website.

Going to have to think of another 'Theme', maybe if they have 25 american states worth, or a round britain booze run :D

Mine stemmed frm spotting Samichlaus, strongest 'lager' beer in the world at 14%.

As it means Santa Claus, I decided I needed a way to build up to it, so got 24 other worldy brews :D

I usually post them all on facebook as well as I drink each one, with a very mini review, even went as far as getting a little photo book made of my first world tour :D

Latest posts

Back