The Budget 2017

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon the goverment are asset stripping the country and soon enough absolutely everything will be privatised because they know at the moment there's no (percieved?) effective opposition so can do what they like. Soon the coroporations will own everything, even you! Welcome to the future - Do homebrewers dream of electric sheep?

Thatcher started that off - We, the people, all of the people - not the shareholders should own the water, gas, electricity, railway, busses, trams etc. I'm not after a Marxist 'Paradise' - far from it - but all the above are public services and should be owned by the public.

No not electric sheep, electric Grainfathers! :whistle:
Cheers

Don't forget the countries 2 most lucrative bus lane cameras (1.7million in 6 months) just to dig the boot in!

Also the idiotic 30mph average speed cameras on coast road aswell.

Am I a spoilt brat for getting angry about my new bin collection schedule.? Which is now once a fortnight.

I got letter the other day about Council tax and Newcastle Council are closing ALL face to face centers and ALL council tax enquiries are done on line.
That may well work for some people but for elderly and infirm with no computer , what happens then as they are some of the people who need the most advice?

............. for elderly and infirm with no computer , what happens then as they are some of the people who need the most advice?

Don't worry, the way the NHS is going there will soon be no "elderly or infirm" people left to worry about.

The latest bit of nonsense is that Jeremy Hunt (the man who has totally buggered up the NHS since being put in charge of it), has today told hospitals in England

"It is essential that they get back to meeting their targets
for A&E waiting times, to protect patient safety."

This is the same ****** who, since being given the job of Health Secretary, has failed the NHS on so many fronts that his arrogance beggars belief! It is typical of the man to cause a problem and then try and rectify it by suggesting that somehow, somewhere, someone else is to blame.

I doubt if the man owns a mirror because he seems totally unaware of just who is responsible for the NHS.

A great example is that he allowed the United Lincolnshire Trust to shut the A&E Department in Grantham on the basis that they didn't have enough doctors to man it overnight.

After massive local protests Jezza ordered an enquiry; as if every swinging dick and his dog didn't know who was to blame!

This is "modern government" in it's truest form.
God help us all.
The lunatics are running the asylum!
:doh: :doh:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-39061920

If this is your general waste bin the theory is if you recycle properly there should not be much left to go in that bin, if you are recycling plastic, cans, paper/cardboard and glass other than food waste what goes in that bin?

Appart from alot of food waste. Things like unrecyclable packaging, kitchen roll, nappies, odds n sods here n there. youve got me questioning what goes in there now. I recycle properly as its something I agree with.

Barrow in Furness council (nearest big town to us) has just moved from boxes and bags for recycling to a wheelie bin that takes all recycling except glass which goes in a separate box, so basically you have a wheelie bin for everything you cannot recycle and one for everything you can which includes tetrapacks and foil which didn't used to be allowed, and as mentioned a separate box for glass, the recycling wagons have a compartment t for food waste so I assume that will be the next thing not to go in the general waste bin.

Barrow in Furness council (nearest big town to us) has just moved from boxes and bags for recycling to a wheelie bin that takes all recycling except glass which goes in a separate box, so basically you have a wheelie bin for everything you cannot recycle and one for everything you can which includes tetrapacks and foil which didn't used to be allowed, and as mentioned a separate box for glass, the recycling wagons have a compartment t for food waste so I assume that will be the next thing not to go in the general waste bin.

There seems to be zero consensus on what can and cannot be recycled! :doh:

Here, we have two bins (rubbish and recyclable) collected on alternate weeks for free and a garden waste bin that you pay to have removed every two weeks, but only in the spring and summer.

None of the bins are supposed to have glass in them and the recyclable bin specifically states that tetrapacks are NOT to be put in the bin; despite the fact that they have the recyclable double arrow on them!

Another (for me) weird one is that I can't put any expanded polystyrene in the recyclable bin! :?: :?: I would have thought that expanded polystyrene would take up oodles of room in a landfill site.

The other grind I have is that they expect us all to "wash out" the tins that we chuck into the recyclable bin. At the price of metered water I reckon the average household must spend ten quid a year just rinsing out the tins they stick in the bin. Taken over the 1.6 million households just in the Anglian Water area that a lot of money being thrown away!

Your recycling doesn't go to land fill so that is why expanded polystyrene is allowed, I assume the tetropacks are not allowed because certain recycling plants cannot separate them, Barrow are moving on to paid for green collection at £35 per year and I think it's fortnightly.

We used to mix cans and bottles in the same box and the bin men/women had to sort each box by hand so washing the cans was important as you can imagine, we now have a bag you put cans and plastic in so no sorting is needed I doubt many wash them.

I've just seen an interesting documentary that claims that our financial system is based on the ancient Babylonian system that is based on financial slavery of the poor to the rich. The idea is that the poor are indebted to the rich so are effectively owned by them and are slaves. This is an ongoing policy going back to when modern financial systems were instigated. Someone said on here Thatcher started it, but that is far from the truth. The left and particularly liberal left are the main perpetrators of this, you just need to look at the growing reliance of the poor in America on welfare under Obama and their widespread comments that they have become more trapped in it as evidence of this.

Around 1996/7 I saw a conspiracy theory group (a friend had a mental breakdown and got sucked in by them so I went to support and help him not get pulled in). I have got to say that although I do not concern myself with conspiracy theories and all that there was a lot of stuff they said back then that has come true. It includes the militant Islamists and terrorism, war in the Middle East, mass migration from that area, the liberal left trying to destabilise the traditional family and the concept of marriage. We are now also seeing what they said would be the start of population control, which is the normalising of abortion, moving to the call for abortion up to full term for any reason (see the stuff from Diana Johnson MP if you havent already and Hilary Clinton supports this view). The accuracy of what they predicted is scary.

This will apparently move on to ethnic cleansing of disability by aborting any baby that is not totally healthy, moving on to genetic screening and aborting of any baby that is less than perfect. We've already moved to the widespread view that parents should consider aborting children with Downs Syndrome and other conditions as being acceptable. It wont stop there. This is all part of the New World Order conspiracy theory that I heard 20 years ago. It certainly makes oyu take more notice when you heard it well before it happened. So while you may support the liberal left, abortion (or choice as they call it), etc you are just being sucked into what the conspiracy theoryists predicted and is apparently intended to make the elite ultimate rulers and everyone else effectively their slaves. Brexit and Trump being elected appears to be a major hiccup in their plan.

Now I suggest you do what I tend to do, have a beer and dont worry about it.

Back to the Budget. It seems that Spreadsheet Phil has made a bit of a cock up (or a blinder if you dont support the Conservatives
icon_lol.gif
) . Reading the Sunday papers yesterday, there were several polls asking questions such as, 'do you think that the Conservatives are the Party of low tax', 'are you more or less likely to vote Conservative after seeing the budget', etc and all the data collected showed a newly negative attitude to the Conservative. Not unsurprisingly. I read his plan was to hit the voters financially who would be voting Conservative anyway so, wouldnt be losing votes. Seems it backfired a bit

Thatcher started that off - We, the people, all of the people - not the shareholders should own the water, gas, electricity, railway, busses, trams etc. I'm not after a Marxist 'Paradise' - far from it - but all the above are public services and should be owned by the public.

No not electric sheep, electric Grainfathers! :whistle:
Cheers

Public utilities and services should not be run for profit by corporations. Why should we all be fleeced to line their pockets.

just do what all voters do vote for who you want to and still but you hand deeper in your pockets

It's a sad fact of life, but SWMBO quite rightly keeps pointing out that half of today's voters probable can't remember when we owned the Utility Companies and the fact that their profits were returned to the Exchequer so that general taxation was reduced!

Today I had a taxi driver tell me "The Labour Party ruined Britain."

This child would be one of the generation that can't remember the days when, compliments of the Labour Party, we had a functioning NHS (staffed by UK personnel) and public ownership and control of our electricity, water, gas, railways, telephones and postal services.

I see that the latest wheeze for this cash-strapped country of ours is that our illustrious Foreign Secretary Boris is now suggesting that, as we will no longer be part of the EU, we need a new Royal Yacht.

Yeah! Right! Just what we need! A new Royal Yacht! :doh:

I'm so gad that we are all in this together! :whistle:

It's a sad fact of life, but SWMBO quite rightly keeps pointing out that half of today's voters probable can't remember when we owned the Utility Companies and the fact that their profits were returned to the Exchequer so that general taxation was reduced!

I see that the latest wheeze for this cash-strapped country of ours is that our illustrious Foreign Secretary Boris is now suggesting that, as we will no longer be part of the EU, we need a new Royal Yacht.

Yeah! Right! Just what we need! A new Royal Yacht! :doh:

I'm so gad that we are all in this together! :whistle:

Maybe we could call it Boaty McBoatface ........... The yacht that is, not Boris! ( although that might work just as well)

This child would be one of the generation that can't remember the days when, compliments of the Labour Party, we had a functioning NHS (staffed by UK personnel) and public ownership and control of our electricity, water, gas, railways, telephones and postal services.

We also had wages you could live on usually the husband being the only one that needed to work and because of this his wife could stay at home and bring up the kids, today many have to rush back to work and either get a relative to look after the kids or pay a childminder a large portion of their wages to do it and miss out on their children's early years.

The best comment on today's "U"-Turn was that rather anaemic looking lad Jacob Rees-Mogg (another Old Etonian professional politician).

He reckoned it was good governance because "The Chancellor listened to what people were saying and made the necessary changes."

Apparently no-one has told him that "good governance" involves listening to people BEFORE you make decisions! :doh:

You honestly couldn't make it up! :lol: :lol:

The best comment on today's "U"-Turn was that rather anaemic looking lad Jacob Rees-Mogg (another Old Etonian professional politician).

He reckoned it was good governance because "The Chancellor listened to what people were saying and made the necessary changes."

Apparently no-one has told him that "good governance" involves listening to people BEFORE you make decisions! :doh:

You honestly couldn't make it up! :lol: :lol:

Ahh.....But they do! :eek:
Cheers

Latest posts

Back