To much Froth

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steeley

Reaction score
I have 3 king kegs and recently when I pour my beer I get one third pint and two thirds froth, now I have changed to the ballihoo caps for the king kegs with the square seal, which I find is better than the round one, now am I doing something wrong?, I put in the barrel 85 grms of brewing sugar and then I put some PTFE tape around the threads, then put the cap on, tighten it by hand and with a spanner give it another quarter of a turn, my main concern was to make sure the barrel was air tight and no leaks, what am I doing wrong to get all this froth, thanks guys in anticipation of your suggestion

Too ….

Ok that aside I suspect your seal is now better and so your carbonation higher. Counter intuitively you’ll get more fizz in your dispensed beer with less carbonation as you’ll be able to pour it with less foam.

Is it a top tap king keg with a float inside? The tube of the float thingamajig might not be sitting correctly causing the float to draw some co2 from above the beer?

Cheers Tom

It is a king keg with a top tap so I will check the tube and float and make sure they are sealed correctly
Cheers Tom

Too ….

Ok that aside I suspect your seal is now better and so your carbonation higher. Counter intuitively you’ll get more fizz in your dispensed beer with less carbonation as you’ll be able to pour it with less foam.
Ok will try that on my next brew, I will only put about 55-60 grams in and see what it does then, cheers

Latest posts

Back