Turbo cider.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agh convert it to pounds [emoji849] dohh [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Make sense now so that's like SG 1.042

Yep. That's how I do it but it's how I read it. All this old money new money swapping between kilos and pounds litres and gallons. Grrrrr

R
f766e298e7222bec186a51ba429bc918.jpg

This is what I'm coming out with now

Can't see what the juice is in sugar content and I added about 0.5l less in water sounds about right if aj is about 9.5 ish

Not a bad guess so you must be right. You got this on yet and working out retrospectively.???
My thinking is finding higher sugar juice adding more water which brings price per pint down. If you see what I mean

Was trying to get close to 4% as possible so I can make a massive. Batch for summer ideally 50l , new house n nice back garden so there will be plenty of garden parties n bbqs so thinking a 4% drink would be ideal

Then yes you would need to add more water but I would try it I do worry if too much water will lose flavour overall.

I think I'll go with that one [emoji115]🏼

4.1% is close enough and only 4.5l water hopefully be not to bad
Not got it on yet need to wait till I'm home from work in 12 days then I'll be all over it lmao

Not good working away to long. Mind at least you won't have my issue of drinking it all before it's ready. As you are making a large batch be mindful that my first batch was quite harsh hence changing yeast and I may well back sweeten a little with canderel.
I don't like sweet cider more towards strongbow. But the harshness of the first few sips will put some people off a standard pint.
Like you I will take this as a test batch. And try a few things.

Yeh definitely tbh I will do a scaled down version in the hope it will reflect what a 25l batch will be like , if you give a good report I'll defo be picking up some sweetened yeast [emoji106]

I'm currently doing the squash hooch that's on another thread and it smells amazing something inside me wants to experiment with it and my TC

Was thinking 3.5l of AJ (11.2g per 100ml giving 392g)
Then adding a ltr of simmered squash to flavour as its non fermentable so should be about 4.6% and possible sweet as a nut

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=57932&highlight=Hooch

There you go magpie I used morrisons own as I couldn't get robinsons , I thought I was having issues with the lemon one but missus sent me this, this morning and it's defo fermenting now

[ame]https://vimeo.com/147227454[/ame]

7c5dead1a5ea2776417e9661b0bf7418.jpg

I used 600g sugar (20p)
1 ltr bottle (97p)

Say I get 13 bottles leaving a little behind not to stir sediment its cost 9p a bottle (330ml)

Bargain [emoji23]

Ha ha I'm in. It will be on tonight without fail.
What's not to love about cheap booze.
Anyway it means my actual beers can be for me.

Latest posts

Back