Vac-pack for hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once it's open it gets chucked. I don't re-seal it. So no problem. athumb..

I wonder if anyone else does this or is it just me?
I do. I weigh all my hops for a brewday and the dry hops I'll need later. I need to reseal any unused hops, so it makes sense bag up the dry hops whilst I've got the scales and vac packer out.

I have an Aldi one, it works great and sometimes I reseal. The only problem is that if a speck of hop gets in the wrong place it can compromise the seal.

I use one sometimes and was taught to cut the bag bigger so as you cut the seal off to use some of the hops/grains you can reseal it and so on as the bag size diminishes through cutting off and resealing

Just to add they also work great for malt
I se my Food Saver sealer to reseal MM malt bags - it won't suck out air because the bags are smooth, but it reseals them perfectly. I have been vacuum sealing hops (both pellet and fresh) for many years and had no problems except with some thinner bags which puncture easily if you are not careful.

I have a variety of small airtight containers. I don't have a vacuum sealer, but I figure a tiny pot will contain as little air as a squeezed bag. Plus it's easier to store in the freezer.
I chose the most relevant pot each time I use some hops.

Attachments

• PXL_20230129_124004622.jpg
    PXL_20230129_124004622.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back