vimto and ribena wine help please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumbrian brewer

Reaction score
hi I have jumped into this in a big way now and i have just bottled my first 23l of larger, I have put 23l pino griglio on as well but wont be ready to bottle until next weekend. I have also done a couple of 5l trials making TC and WOW, I am building in confidance and have got the gear for vimto and ribenna wine is, I have read the how too,s and will be able to work out the amounts I think, but just wondering if anyone has any extra info to make them extra nice. I am thinking lemom ond lime juice but dont know if they will be any change in what I need to do.

Any advice, I will be putting 5L each on Saturday afternoon.

Do something along the lines of what I posted in this and add your lemon or lime juice at the same stage as where I put add the Cranberry to the demijohn.

These are my recipes.....

Cranberry Ribena Wine
Code:
600ml Ribena
1L Cranberry Juice
Wine Yeast
500g Sugar
1 Cup of Strong Tea
1 tbl spoon Citric Acid
1 tbl spoon Yeast Neautriant

S.G = 1.080

Ribena Wine
Code:
1L Ribena
1L Red Grape Juice
1 tbl spoon Citric Acid
1 cup of strong tea
Wine yeast
500g sugar

Starting S.G = 1.115

Vimto Wine
Code:
750ml Vimto Cordial
3L Apple Juice
1Cup of Strong Tea
150g Sugar
1 tbl spoon Citric Acid
Wine Yeast

S.G = 1.060

My cranberry ribena and vimto brews have been bottled and are ver nice all though my vimto turned put a little like a cider/wine hybrid. My normal ribena wine is still fermenting away nicely and the strawberry ribena I linked in the other thread tastes pretty awesome too :)

Hope this helps

Marrsy

thats great thank you I will let you know how I get on. How long do I leave them whats the finishing readings.

Thanks in advance :cheers:

With it getting colder it will probably take a little longer for it to ferment, leave it till the bubbles in the airlock slow right down then get three hydrometer readings over three days, if they are the same then your good to bottle/rack depending how you want to play it :)

I have 2 vimto brews under my belt and starting two more today and three ribena brews with one still fermenting and they have all been very nice but I'm a ribena junkie anyway :p

Cheers

Marrsy

The vimto recipe looks great! Im going to go out and buy another DJ tomorrow and give it a go!

A quick question as i'm new to all this, the S.G = 1.060 for vimto that you have given. Is that starting specific gravity or afterwards :)

WelshJohn said:
The vimto recipe looks great! Im going to go out and buy another DJ tomorrow and give it a go!

A quick question as i'm new to all this, the S.G = 1.060 for vimto that you have given. Is that starting specific gravity or afterwards :)

Starting, just increase/decrease the additional sugar depending how you want it.

Cheers

Marrsy

Latest posts

Back