What a weekend!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murphysmum

Reaction score
Busy, busy busy! But so much 'must have a taste' fun at the same time!:grin:

So, now we have in a couple of growlers the first batch of the 'scrumpy cider' that I look at longingly every time I walk by! In a one gallon 'kilner' we have another gallon that may just vanish over the next week (as if by magic you know - what with evaporation 'n' all!) :whistle:

Ginger wine is bottled up and sitting ready for Christmas, and for a kit isn't half bad.

Faux Prosecco (which I'm finding has come out very sweet for my tastes) is bottled and sitting ready for Christmas.

Elderberry wine - some bottled and some put into our little oak barrel to mature. Tastes as good as all elderberry wine so far, but I'll be interested to see what a year in the barrel does for it.

Blackberry wine is now bottled and initial taste was dry yet fruity and spot on for my taste buds.

Cherry wine is bottled - very, very sweet - but will make a lovely wine to have with mince pies or Christmas pud.

Hedgerow port is bottled - slightly disappointed with the colour as its quite a light red, but it tastes ok. Not as full bodied as I'd hoped for, but considering it was made out of mainly left over bits, odds and sods of fruits etc I'm not complaining.

Pink Lady cider is started and in full hubbly bubbly mode! And also come Docs Chablis that I put on last weekend.

Also done some digging around and found some liqueur recipes that take around 4 weeks (ok, so you do start with shop bought brandy, rum and vodka - but what the heck!).

Just time for a Bacon Sarnie before starting the next round (got some Strawberry Ale to start off, and some Mango wine from mango powder (a first for us)

Wow, and i was moaning because i am putting a couple of DJ's of RGJ and Apple on this afternoon which is stopping me doing other stuff.

Its juts kind of happened that way! It certainly wasn't planned for it to all happen at the same time! Its worked out well though as stuff we had just left for what feels like an eternity had all finished and over time has been syphoned off and was left clearing etc. It also means that so long as the kits are finished and bottled before Christmas, the spare bathroom will be empty and ready for 'The Royal Visit' (my Mum is coming for the festivities), and apart from a few DJ's in what will be her bedroom, she won't be able to complain about sleeping in a brewery! Another plus is if she starts to become to much of a handful a couple of glasses of any of the 'now bottled's' should be the perfect knock-out juice for her to sleep off any complaints, moans, grumbles etc :whistle: :grin:

Trying to post a quick pic of one bottle of each of this years efforts so far - first time I've posted a pic. so if it doesn't work, forgive the naughty words that may well follow!

Wines.jpg

Think i need to lay down after just reading that lot...well done looks like it will be happy Christmas :thumb:

Latest posts

Back