What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is always a good end to the night, we’re ever you are on this wonderful planet of ours may your god go with you
IMG_2005.jpeg

I normally see them in Lidl on my way to Portsalon. The big banging IPA has taken a bit of a price hike
Hasn’t it just. I picked up some dipa’s for €2.75 7.5% that weren’t bad either. Was going to head into the Kinnegar tap room but traffic was nuts so just went to Tesco so I could avoid primark.

IMG_0750.jpeg

I really love a sour beer but I have to admit to being used to fruited sour beers. This Face Off from @dad_of_jon is something a bit different and I’m enjoying the difference. Fruity edgy aroma, lactic with something of the natural yoghurt about it. Colour though is sunshine tropics, no head as such but a lovely light carbonation. To flavour this is a light sour but proper beer, not fruity other than the edgy fruity aromas. This is a clever beer, on that edge of bacterial and yeast fermentation - I like it lots 😍

IMG_20240324_184315.jpg

Moving rapidly on - an early glass of the dinner white Burgundy for SWMBO'd, and an for me an accidental blended-in-the-glass replicate of tonight's beer #1.
(I made a mistake with the cask I started to pour from!
So topped up with the Camden which I had originally intended to pour😳)
Fuller in the mouthfeel dept. and slightly less bitter, as the Camden Amber ale component had a higher brewing salts content. 🍻

Family pub day yesterday so no posts from me (I was drinking Sussex Best). Went out with one of the grandchildren today for a pub lunch and was drinking Fourty-niner.
IMG_6223.jpeg

Home now and in the garden with a Belgian Cherry beer in another glass from my collection. I think I got this one with a bunch of barrel-aged imperial stouts from Thornbridge.
IMG_6224.jpeg

Back