Competition schedule 2024

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's the new schedule for the new year. same as last year unless there's any objections. If you fancy judging please post which month. It is key that you pre-read the Rules, especially around judging within two weeks of closing date (end of each month)

January 2024- American Pale Ales - @Twostage

February 2024 - Dark Beers - @samale

March 2024 - Freestyle - @brewhaha

April 2024 - lager/kolsch/pseudo lager to include European and American styles - @dave_77

May 2024 - American Pale Ales - @pilgrimhudd

June 2024 - Dark Beers - @Fazzer

July 2024 - Belgian beers - @Agentgonzo

August 2024 - British Pale Ales, Bitters and Milds -

September 2024 - American Pale Ales - @Stu's Brews

October 2024 - Dark Beers - @nidge

November 2024 - lager/kolsch/pseudo lager to include European and American styles - @Leon103

December 2024- Freestyle - @phildo79

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

I had been meaning to make some comments/thoughts before someone posted the 2024 schedule but alas @Leon103 has beaten me to it!

Main thought is does it make sense to have a dark beer competition in June? The impression I got is the turnout this year wasn't massive - maybe @NormanHurst can comment?

Perhaps it's just me but I'd have thought the majority tend to favour lighter styles in the summer and leave dark beers for the colder months? Do other forum members think a different category would make more sense in June, freestyle even?

The other thought I had is that Czech and German styles seem to be under-represented, e.g. Hefeweizen, Altbier, Czech Amber and Dark Lagers - yes we seem to be fairly flexible and they could fit elsewhere but would there be interest from the forum massif in having a competition dedicated to these styles?

Cheers - Matt 👍🍻

As there are three comps where it is a single style (APA) how about one of them becomes Helles (I'm enjoying trying to nail a 'simple' style), or German as Matt says ?
I would enter a German month. Is the intention of different months to encourage exploration of new styles, or just to group beers into comparable flights?

Hi All,

I had been meaning to make some comments/thoughts before someone posted the 2024 schedule but alas @Leon103 has beaten me to it!

Main thought is does it make sense to have a dark beer competition in June? The impression I got is the turnout this year wasn't massive - maybe @NormanHurst can comment?

Perhaps it's just me but I'd have thought the majority tend to favour lighter styles in the summer and leave dark beers for the colder months? Do other forum members think a different category would make more sense in June, freestyle even?

The other thought I had is that Czech and German styles seem to be under-represented, e.g. Hefeweizen, Altbier, Czech Amber and Dark Lagers - yes we seem to be fairly flexible and they could fit elsewhere but would there be interest from the forum massif in having a competition dedicated to these styles?

Cheers - Matt 👍🍻
I Agree đź‘Ť

Hi All,

Cheers - Matt 👍🍻
I have tried changing it in the past and it always came back to these. Happy for you to crack on and do your own thing.

Hi All,

Cheers - Matt 👍🍻
I think all of those lager style beers apart from Hefe would go in the lager month as it's for all lager and hybrid styles..lagered beers ..Hefe would be best in freestyle

Back