What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20240510_191228.jpg

Corr! I needed this so much it hardly touched the sides.
Apart from a suitable considered appreciation pause that is of course.
My Camden Amber.
Now exactly 3 months old.
It has lost its youthful hoppy vigour and mellowed to between a pale ale and a light bitter.
Very satisfying.
In fact it was gone before the posting so:
IMG_20240510_192155.jpg

I don't mind if I do. 🍻

Last edited:
IMG_20240510_200917.jpg

On to my Hoppy Pale ale of Kent to go with the Friday night pizza.
Rich and tasty.
I went for another and was gobsmacked by the beautiful sky.
There's even a silver crescent moon centre left. The photo doesn't do it justice.
IMG_20240510_204526.jpg

IMG_20240510_204230.jpg

Oh, nearly forgot - I was on my way to fetch the 2nd glass of the Hoppy Pale ale of Kent.
🍻

Brought my self a G&T whilst trying to catch the Aurora Borealis not sure I’ll see it but you never know.

View attachment 99267
Thank you SO SO VERY MUCH.
We were strangely unaware they were occurring tonight.
We saw them for our first time in all our 67 years. And in our SE England garden!
Purple to green then red W to N to E.
😍

Last edited:
IMG-20240511-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20240511-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20240511-WA0001.jpg
Thank you SO SO VERY MUCH.
We were strangely unaware they were occurring tonight.
We saw them for our first time in all our 67 years. And in our SE England garden!
Purple to green then red W to N to E.
SWMBOd phone camera shots from our back garden SE Kent, surrounded by fences and neighbours gardens at midnight.
Not the greatest but we saw them at last!

What's the Jazz playlist, Anna?
I’m currently enjoying this thread vicariously as I’m on call, though have found that Innes & Gunn’s non alcholic lager is pretty nice. The playlist is quite long, called Cooking Songs - Dinner at home, I was surprised that it was a list just of Jazz and soul. It’s now in my favourites list 😌.
IMG_0874.jpeg

It was our wedding anniversary Thursday so we were out at a fancy restaurant and last night was homebrew club so I was out again. I’m home today and enjoying a glass of Amber Alert. Interestingly (for me at least) I took my usual Full English bitter and this one to homebrew club and the unanimous verdict was a preference for Amber Alert.
IMG_6571.jpeg

I have over the last few days got my raised beds painted, taken down the winter tarps from around the brew shed, and put up the dart board. I think we’re just about ready for summer now. I also cleaned my beer lines yesterday - why you can see a white bucket hanging from the taps.
IMG_6566.jpeg

IMG_6569.jpeg

It was our wedding anniversary Thursday so we were out at a fancy restaurant and last night was homebrew club so I was out again. I’m home today and enjoying a glass of Amber Alert. Interestingly (for me at least) I took my usual Full English bitter and this one to homebrew club and the unanimous verdict was a preference for Amber Alert.
View attachment 99283
I have over the last few days got my raised beds painted, taken down the winter tarps from around the brew shed, and put up the dart board. I think we’re just about ready for summer now. I also cleaned my beer lines yesterday - why you can see a white bucket hanging from the taps.
View attachment 99284
View attachment 99285
The bar looks really well, I would love something like that

I’m currently enjoying this thread vicariously as I’m on call, though have found that Innes & Gunn’s non alcholic lager is pretty nice. The playlist is quite long, called Cooking Songs - Dinner at home, I was surprised that it was a list just of Jazz and soul. It’s now in my favourites list 😌.
View attachment 99281
Steering you away from the music playlist topic onto the Aurora thread.
When I was on night O/C in the mid to late 80's I completely failed to observe the Aurora Borealis when in the pitch black walking from the nurses residence to the hospital rear entrance.
If only I had known to look upwards that night!
I learnt later in the morning it had been the most spectacular one in living memory.
😟

Latest posts

Back