What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight im having a bottle this little beauty

Slaters ales queen bee
3yby9u7a.jpg

First taste tonight of a bottle from my Big Wherry brew I made a few weeks ago. I split the brew into 2 and fermented one with Sa4 and one with Sa5.
Due to the weather the Sa5 has just finished carbonating and I'm giving it a couple of days to rest before trying..
So the Sa4 is first to be supped !
I'll post update later tonight on how it tastes...

well the wherry tastes................like a wherry does ! My normal brew has turned out normal.... :D
and that's not a bad thing. Its clear nice tasting and refreshing, however I had this bottle stood outside in the cold for 2 hours before drinking...and I've come to the conclusion I like my Wherry at room temp !

7a5e5u3a.jpg

I'm just going for a pint of 'This', which shall be closely followed by another of 'That', by Teme Valley Brewery.

I had settled on having This first, but decided that That would be the better option. Despite the much to'ing and fro'ing between This and That, I eventually settled on This first, and thats that!

On my 3rd....

First a Coopers Dark Ale...getting better after 3 weeks.

And a couple I picked up today in St Andrews:

A St Andrews Blonde, followed by a Clock Brew from here:

http://edenbrewerystandrews.com/our-beers.html

The Blonde in particular was lovely, fresh and not overly hopped.

R

cheap bottled shandy as i need more empty brown PET bottles and not trying to drink my home brews

Nothing, after last night - had a good one, out with old friends. It included two Trappist Rochefort #6 which I greatly enjoyed (and wasn't expecting to find where we were), despite the first one being rather cloudy after a very under-trained (but perfectly pleasant) town-centre barman had messed up the sediment, completely unaware of bottle-conditioning. They had the two (even) stronger variants in and Chimay Trippel in as well, which was great to see, if you'd seen what a sort of busy/trendy type place it was.

At this moment in time, my desert island would be well-stocked with fruity trappist stuff. I've got the Brewferm Abdij ready to do. If it gets anywhere near some of the flavour of the style, I'll be a happy man!

Currently supping on an ice cold Grolsch :)

Lovely stuff, especially after the flat fosters I suffered in one of the local pubs today!

FuzzySteve said:
7a5e5u3a.jpg

I'm just going for a pint of 'This', which shall be closely followed by another of 'That', by Teme Valley Brewery.

I had settled on having This first, but decided that That would be the better option. Despite the much to'ing and fro'ing between This and That, I eventually settled on This first, and thats that!

Do they do T'Other as well?

Bottle of my rass+blackcurrant wine with dinner, then a Mann's Original brown and a Moorhouse's Black Cat for me and a couple of Crabbie's for her coz I want the bottles for the sorghum lager that's nearly ready.

its the coopers australian stout for me ...
its my first brew ....
and im loving every last sip...

regards m ick...:hat: .

Back