What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mick may said:
joe1002 said:
[quote="mick may":elym3kha]ok its the bath ales...
wild hare pale ale 5% 2nite... :thumb:

is it me or does this look taste and smell like a lager???
Yep, definitelt looks like a lager. I can't taste or smell it though :lol: :lol: :tongue:

:oops: i thought that after i posted .... :whistle:

regards mick... :D .[/quote:elym3kha]

Taste/smell lager? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

got 4 bottles of sierra Nevada pale ale and the same of torpedo for tonight whilst none of mine is ready

Banana beer!
My own, not the chemically flavoured banana bread beer. Its got a beautiful starch haze to it! :lol:

ok dont stone me just yet :pray: , a can of that French cider stuff with half a juice of lime to give it some bit.

i might have to crack my mini keg of stout :thumb:

iceo said:
ok dont stone me just yet :pray: , a can of that French cider stuff with half a juice of lime to give it some bit.

I quite like Normandy/Brittany cider. If there's a shot of creme de cassis involved...

Changed the lines for my draught system from 3/16 to 5/16. Would have been rude not to make sure everything was leak free and pouring OK so I'm presently getting rattled right into a pint of my Extract Grolsch Clone.

Put the line chiller on so it'll be rude not to have another one after this :D

I'm living on dangerous grounds tonight. My son has brought me a bottle of
Warsteiner Premium Verum to try.

Warsteiner Premium Verum

Premium Verum, a pilsener style beer, is Warsteiner's most popular beer, and is exported to over 60 countries. The ingredients are forest spring water, two-row malted summer barley and all German hops. The alcohol content is 4.8 percent.

Havent a clue what to expect as I'm not a lager fan at heart......... :drink:

Tim_Crowhurst said:
iceo said:

I quite like Normandy/Brittany cider. If there's a shot of creme de cassis involved...

sadly is was cidre :pray: i did like the stuff last summer but since iv been brewing my own its so sweet . but i got my self a few bottles of old rosie (never tried it before)

im on the milk stout tonight :drink:

I'm going at my Festival Golden Stag. My word it is a stunning pint, everyone who has tried it says its as good as you'd expect in most pubs :party:

G and T :cheers: ;)

Raspberry and pear wine later with dinner :drink:

very sad my last glass of woodfords wherry just passed my lips .. :drink: .

but hay iv just put another in my fv so about 6 weeks and i can have it again ...

but im not bitter ...
bitter get it ... :D
im now on my golden ale also a great pint ... :thumb:

regards mick... :hat:

I had a tropical punch an a wine bottle of white grape an peach cider

Tonight the last of a wine bottle of grape an peach cider an maybe some of my first batch of homebrew pilsner

I'm having a bottle donated by graysalchemy.

See how a professional does it lol

Tyronnster said:
I'm having a bottle donated by graysalchemy.

See how a professional does it lol

Oooh, which did he send you?

Personally I'm supping (way-too-young-but-I-got-a-taste-for-it-after-the-first-one) sample of my brew of Aleman's Effin Oatmeal Stout. And bl**dy lovely it is too. A must brew for anyone who likes stout. :thumb:

Research - tried an Oakham's Citra, which is pleasant, light, hoppy. Bit like Harviestoun "bitter n twisted" but less overtly bitter on the finish.
Now drinking an "Old Dan" from which I am going to try to culture some Thwaite's Yeast, which I will try pitching into whatever I brew next (assuming that a: the yeast takes nicely and b: whatever I brew next is a strongish red/brown ale).
Old Dan is a little flavourless, but it was rather cool when I poured it - it's getting better as it warms (or becasue it is my second beer of the evening), kind of caramel/syruppy flavour - quite malty, could use more hops IMHO, but it's alright as shop-bottles of beer go.

Back