What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May have to try it next time Ive in a Wetherspoons. Just had a look at the Adnams website who make it and it uses a lot of hops at different stages. When I put it into goggle it came up with a lot of clone recipes as well.

I'll be giving the Resin Double IPA a try next time I'm in there, that gets good reviews, but at 9.1% it's definitely a sipper.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/craft/resin

Had a 3 way action, a dipa from Tenby brew co, crafty devil and heavy industry. It was amazing, one the best Dipa's I have tried, it's comes in at 9%. Now sipping a son of a peach, peach sour by wild weather ales and that truely is fantastic. The sour peach flavour is like sucking sour sweets as a child. Can't drink it quick enough.

Reactions: JFB
So thought I was about to have a coopers Canadian blonde, but when tasting it, it obviously a wheat beer..... pretty cool looking pint, but it should be cloudy, poured it proper but if I had know it was a wheat it would have had the yeast in... doh.

Sharing a bottle of Omnipollo Noa with SWMBO.

It's a fantastic beer. A Pecan Mud Imperial Stout. A proper 5 star number this! :)

IMG_20170314_211038-01.jpg

I'm on my own New England double IPA, and it is by far the best thing I've brewed. Nom nom nom.

My own Wheatwine, Sonnet XXVII (for Pablo Neruda's sonnet, which begins "Naked, you are simple as one of your hands / Smooth, earthy, small, transparent, round: / You have moonlines, apple pathways: / Naked, you are slender as a naked grain of wheat."

11.3% ABV, 60+% Franco-belges wheat malt, 33+% Weyermann's floor-malted bohemian pilsner malt, 3% Patagonia malting Especial, 3% acidulated.

100% will kick your butt.

IMG_20170314_175803847[1].jpg

Last night I had a maple syrup breakfast stout. Couldn't really taste the maple. It it did also have coffee beans and smoked malt so bit too much of everything there. It was also a bit too thin and fizzy.

I then had a hoppy porter by brew by numbers. A nice enough porter, a little too sweet but I wouldn't call it hoppy.

My own Duvel clone, cautiously poured. With more hops than the original, and of course not the same malts.

HelderBier.png

I went to Weatherspoons last night and had a can of Sixpoint Bengali Tiger IPA.
I never thought such nectar could come out of a can, really is a taste experience I have never had before.
My aim is to one day re-create something similar, I think I may well be a few dozen brew days away from that.

yup the tiger claims another fan :-) :thumb:

Their resin is a pumped up version of it. BUT it's certainly not as session-able. (9.1%) :-o

A Tomos Watkins OSB earlier today. A rev james tonight and not drinking a storm in a teacup - earl grey IPA from wild weather Ales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back