What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No homebrew tonight. Had a delivery from Brewdog Bottlebox and also stopped in at Siren Craft after work. Decided to mix it up a bit.
1cdb984683026de83f6721c6ba704ca0.jpg

Went reverse order so bottom right to top left.

Thursday is the new Friday!

Starting St Paddy's Day celebrations with a Duckling Pale Ale.

3db3087b74d16f2034b881e12eb32b54.jpg

Now pondering where to go next...

Trying my first ever lager. The flavour and crispness is good...probably the closest to a commercial beer I've done in that respect.

However, yet again it hasn't carbonated...something that I seem to have a lot of problems with since I started doing all grain...it's frustrating

IMG_20170317_193304_721.jpg

Trying my first ever lager. The flavour and crispness is good...probably the closest to a commercial beer I've done in that respect.

However, yet again it hasn't carbonated...something that I seem to have a lot of problems with since I started doing all grain...it's frustrating

What's your method?

What's your method?

Batch priming. I use brewer's Friend to calculate the quantity of sugar and add that to an empty fv before adding the beer from another fv. I then wait for 30 minutes before bottling the beer.

I used to do the same thing with beer kits with no problem (except the priming sugar was provided on the kit). it's only since moving to all grain when it's become an issue.

Now that is a beer and a half!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ive had a few of there beers now and i'm sure they must be one of the best brewers out there £4.50 a bottle from the offy and worth every penny:thumb:

Popped into B&M last night for odds and sods, and five bottles fell into my basket.

A nice 7.5% Guinness in a little bottle was memorable. Hop Bomb by Sadlers always goes down well. Something called 9-Hops which I hadn't tried before, was lovely at 99p for a 330 bottle.

Was 'out out' last night so generally stuck to Joule's (Blonde, Pale, Slumbering Monk, Green Monkey and the new India Pale Ale) but had to finish with a Guinness as it was the 17th...

Tonight is a Black Sheep Riggwelter sort of a beer.

Follows on from a few others watching the rugby today. Starting circa 1:30 pm.

Admirable restraint, I feel.

Something a bit special for me tonight, a bottle of Serpent brewed by Thornbridge and Brooklyn. It's a belgian golden ale fermented with brettanomyces from cider apples and barrel aged for a year. It's very unusual, sharp, dry, fruity, very nice. Almost like a lambic blended with strong cider. Delicious.

No homebrew tonight. Had a delivery from Brewdog Bottlebox and also stopped in at Siren Craft after work. Decided to mix it up a bit.
1cdb984683026de83f6721c6ba704ca0.jpg

Went reverse order so bottom right to top left.

Thursday is the new Friday!

Just finished a Semi-skimmed Occultist from brewdog, very tasty beer and probably the nicest dark beer I've had from them, well except jet black heart which I like so much I brewed a clone as my first 5 gallon batch. What did you think of it Alan?

Just finished a Semi-skimmed Occultist from brewdog, very tasty beer and probably the nicest dark beer I've had from them, well except jet black heart which I like so much I brewed a clone as my first 5 gallon batch. What did you think of it Alan?
I liked it alot. It had a great balance of coffee, chocolate and vanilla.
I'm also a big fan of JBH. Must add it to the to do list!
Their Collab with Beavertown, Coffee & Cigarettes is something else too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back