What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am drinking my first AG brew an English IPA called Lady Law.
Still needs a week longer to carbonate properly

Summer Lightning Clone, after a fashion, from GW's book, but with hop tweaks. Pitched 24 Feb. Down to the last few bottles of this wondrous beer, that got somehow forgotten, now.

Looking at this book, for a moment, pages 188 and172 as a for instance.

Exmoor Gold and Summer Lightning look jolly similar, to me, just a tad more pale malt in the SL

Or compare Sarah Hughes' finest with a Kingsdown Ale - pp's 118 and 130.

The SH is a fine brew, but it is not a "running beer", in that it does need time to come into its own. The Arkells Kingsdown, I have on a mental list of stuff to do one day.

2 non-beer home creations tonight. An early grey gin and tonic and an apple, pear ad ginger cider I made several months ago that has cleared well and really mellowed out with the pear coming through, very refreshing.

Northdown best bitter easy drinking 4÷ one week condition in the corny keg and straight in to the glass. Crystal clear

This afternoon i have another home brewer popping down with some goodies:grin:
and i have to offer a black IPA,a Rye APA and my Mango brew in return

I have bought the ASDA Classic box so tonight i am trying -

Jennings Cumberland Ale.

Marston's Pedigree Amber Ale.

Hobgoblin Ruby Beer.

5011348011615_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

Classic Ales Selection £9 - https://groceries.asda.com/product/bottled-ale/classic-ales-selection/910001236145

Box Contents

Ringwood Razorback Amber Ale. Lancaster Bomber Amber Ale. Brakspear Bitter. Marston's Pedigree Amber Ale. Jennings Cumberland Ale. Hobgoblin Ruby Beer.

Ringwood Razorback Amber Ale Taste: With an ideal balance of hoppiness and malt, this easy drinking thirst quencher is the perfect beer for all occasions.

Lancaster Bomber Amber Ale Taste: A classic English ale, chestnut in colour with a lovely full-bodied flavour, enriched with a wonderful late hop character.

Brakspear Bitter Taste: Amber in colour, the initial taste of malt and well hopped bitterness dissolves into a bittersweet and fruity finish.

Marston's Pedigree Amber Ale Taste: Bottle conditioned so closer to cask Pedigree. Fascinating aroma, with a palate of biscuity malt, spicy hops & fruitiness.

Jennings Cumberland Ale Taste: A supreme and refreshing golden ale with unique character and slight citrus after taste.

Hobgoblin Ruby Beer Taste: A full bodied, ruby beer with chocolate and toffee malt flavours balanced by a bitter and overall fruity, mischievous character.

This afternoon i have another home brewer popping down with some goodies:grin:
and i have to offer a black IPA,a Rye APA and my Mango brew in return
Had a few of my Rye APA's which were well recieved along with a few of the fella's Rye stouts:lol::thumb:
luvly

Had some friends for dinner last night and the wife made mojito. I only had a few glasses, but this morning had the worst headache ever, I've felt better after 10 pints of homebrew. Last time I drink white rum :sick:

Drinking Abbot in my local. Think it'll be a pint of Ran Ales Chocolate Stout next.

I have bought the ASDA Classic box so tonight i am trying -

Jennings Cumberland Ale.
Marston's Pedigree Amber Ale.
Hobgoblin Ruby Beer.

5011348011615_280_IDShot_3.jpeg

All of these beers are very easy to replicate.

Are you starting to be tempted by the Dark Side?

Unfortunately I don't have the room to make wine and brew beer and SWMBO isn't a beer fan so i usually buy 3 for a fiver from bargain booze when i feel like a change fro the wine, i spotted this box a few weeks ago and as we were at ASDA thought i would give it a go, the only one i have had before is the Lancaster Bomber which was fine so i am looking forward to trying the rest.

Any City Fans on here?

If so, eat your hearts out!

Tonight I drank a bottle of stout from the stein in the photograph. It was gifted to me by an Uncle who, when asked by SWMBO why he wasn't saving it for his grandkids replied "Never!" and then, as if they had been afflicted by a rare and exotic disease by their own stupidity, "They all support United!"

Lucky me I guess! It not only tasted sweet it also held a full 650ml bottle of beer. :thumb:

From now on, it will be used rather than kept in a display cabinet and IF it survives until I die there's a nephew that would give his eye-teeth to inherit it. :thumb: :thumb:

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

My first ever AG stout, a Guinness clone (Wheeler recipe with extra malt to reach 4.4% ABV). Quite interesting. At first I was a little disappointed, but it grew on me. It's world's apart from any other AG I've ever done. I don't have a Guinness to do a side-by-side, but if I had to say, my perception is that Guinness is smoother and thicker. Mine seemed to have a grainy feel to it. Still, I only kegged it on Sunday, so I'm being very picky. It may well have been yeast that I was picking up. I'll put this to one side and wait for it to blossom.

How old is that Dutto?

It's a commemorative stein produced in 2003 when MCFC left Maine Road after 80 years!

Uncle George attended EVERY Home Match from his National Service demobilisation in 1949 until his health started to fail about 2008; when he had to make do with TV.

So, when MCFC won the Championship in 2012, after a 44 year wait, I phoned him the second that the final whistle blew and asked "What did you think of that then?"

"Bunch of idiots." he replied and then went on to explain that he had switched his television off in disgust ten minutes before the end! :doh:

I hardly dared tell him the result! :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back