What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...recipe please!

Cheers

Clint

Assuming you mean the Summer Lightning clone, here it is, for 25L:

Maris Otter 5.45kg

45g (in total) of Progress and First Gold (half and half - ish?) @ 60m (IBU of 38 is the indicator)
42g (in total) of First Gold and Bobek (Styrian Goldings) ~ half and half of each and then half of the total 42g at 10 and 0 mins.

The hop selections and ratios will mainly have been to use up the open bags at the time.

A few brews back from this one I had used the recently available Danstar English Ale yeast WLP 002 to do a Ruby Mild, but had added some US 05 - probably harvested from a previous brew - when it stopped around 1.018.

The yeast in the Summer Lightning is from the trub of the Ruby Mild, but I would guess Safale S 04 would be similar, if using a dry yeast.

It is probably significant that this beer was in the bottle for many months before I started drinking it. It is now nearly six months in the bottle and is a wonderful advert for leaving even a beer of ~6% strength for six months.

Cornish beers tonight. A Wolf Rock and a Proper Black (I'm a little surprised they went with that name but what do I know?!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All homebrew for me. Started with a saison wheat beer. It has really cleaned up after 2 months and is delicious. Then a Citra based brew. Like the famous Cwtch kit I left the hops in for the fermentation. This is the future of brewing for me. 100g of flameout hops gives a massive flavour. Remove the flameout hops and it will be a pale shadow.

Started drinking mid afternoon which is always fun. I had a pint of Hibernation White IPA from Big Hug Brewing in my local. I'd never heard of the brewery and a bit of searching suggests they are gipsy brewers in London. It was a tasty pint.

A bottle of my Cali Common.
Not bad, malty , toffee, coffee flavours.
Not sure if I’m a fan or not of the Cali common.

No home brew in stock after a 4 year break from brewing (about to resume :) ) so on commercial ales, all from Aldi.

First up was Harpers Golden Crown (OK, a bit Meh, but not offensive.) Now on Camerons A-hop-alypse Now ~ also a but meh. Where is the ahopalypse? Bit dissapointed with this one. I've been drinking a lot of dark ales recently as well, so its not like I'm hopped out.

Cornish beers tonight. A Wolf Rock and a Proper Black (I'm a little surprised they went with that name but what do I know?!)

I had a few Wolf Rocks on my recent holiday in Boddelwydan in North Wales. Quite good beer, in my reckoning. Also a good place to stay and explore the wonderful scenery, gardens and history of the region.

Tonight's drink is the last of the Gales Festival Mild bottled on the 17th of June. This is a beer to be made again, I feel. Good depth of flavour.

Had a pint of Snowdon ale whilst out for a walk earlier. Just had a bottle of m&s white ipa which was ok and now a bottle of my black ipa

Had a pint of Snowdon ale whilst out for a walk earlier. Just had a bottle of m&s white ipa which was ok and now a bottle of my black ipa

Assuming that's from the Mws Piws brewery in Porthmadog, we served that and Glaslyn Ale at our wedding. My mother in law lives on Anglesey and there's always one or two waiting for me when we go to visit.

Assuming that's from the Mws Piws brewery in Porthmadog, we served that and Glaslyn Ale at our wedding. My mother in law lives on Anglesey and there's always one or two waiting for me when we go to visit.

Yes or purple moose for those who don't understand Welsh. My local always have a keg from them on

Green hopped beer anyone? Was sat out in the sunshine before Sunday lunch enjoying a beer and noticed a few small hop cones still on the plant.
Added a nice aroma to the Greg Hughes summer ale. A recipe I don't think I will bother with again, maybe it just needed some late hops or mashing at higher temperature for some extra body.

IMG_20170917_135713182.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back