What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its started off with banks and directors bitter whilst watching the rugby....for this evening I've got a Barry island IPA, an anchor steam beer, brewdogs 5am saint and a shepherd neame late red autumn splendour.....once I've rinsed that lot I think there's gin in the fridge too.....hick!....

Well out of that lot have to say the best of the bunch was the anchor steam beer....barry island was just a rip off of the really floral American pales, late autumn was a let down and 5am saint was just like all the other brewdogs...bit too hoppy for my liking

Fancied a Sunday beverage, got a Wadworth 6X on the go, one of my favourite commercial bitters.

in terms of sourness, from the least to the most look out for rodenbach, duchess de bourgogne, rodenback grand cru, Liefmans goudenbrand, boon oude geuze

Cheers, I will do. It's a style of beer I've not really looked into much. I've had one other Wild Beer Co Beer a Year or so back which was very sour and very nice also, but I will search out those you mention :thumb:

Tonight's menu has been castle rock's harvest pale, sharps sea fury, ringwoods old thumper and st austell proper black....the latter being one of the "black IPAs"....not too keen tbh, its just a really hoppy stout but I guess that's the point really, doesn't work for me though

Fancied a Sunday beverage, got a Wadworth 6X on the go, one of my favourite commercial bitters.

The GW book has a recipe for a clone of that. I regularly do a bitter based on their JCB. On first drinking it, without knowing the recipe origins, my other half said that it reminded him of 6X so I'm thinking that the recipes are pretty close.

Last night had a great selection from Mad Hatter, Chester Brewhouse & Amager Bryghus (image attached).
Tonight: trying out Tesco canned craft range.
On offer for ���£1.50 a pop

lst.jpeg

Last edited:
Went in BM today and picked up a few 300CL bottles of little bewdy a fruity kick of hop pale ale by the crafty Dan brewery aka Daniel thwaites with a blend of 7 hops including motueka for 79 pence a throw.I will report back when I sink one

looks like it went down well Geigercntr. some type of porter?

wow, must have been a couple of months conditioning before you cracked one!

Went in BM today and picked up a few 300CL bottles of little bewdy a fruity kick of hop pale ale by the crafty Dan brewery aka Daniel thwaites with a blend of 7 hops including motueka for 79 pence a throw.I will report back when I sink one
just supping this right now and its a very crisp and enjoyable hoppy pale ale which at this price I will avail myself to go back to BM and see if theres any left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back