What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottle of shipyard, a tesco own brand IPA and a home-brewed witbier (very banana-y).

Brewed under contract by Marstons. You can find it on tap in a lot of Banks's/Marstons pubs. Not a bad drop. Good for a session.

My pleasure tonight is a Belgian beauty, Leffe Nectar. 5.5% (aroma of honey & wild flowers). Chilled & just waiting for me...

Seeing as it's Game of Thrones night I've gone wild in the aisles and bought a king goblin, a sixex, an old empire ipa and an old peculiar. Thanks Asda!!

Drink this tonight. What was meant to be a American pale but was sent darker crystal so now more or an American red ale.

image.jpg

Well, when in Rome (or horndean as it happens) it would be rude not to partake in the horndean special bitter (HSB)....its my first time and quite a nice drop (if a little sweet) as it goes

Bottle of AG2, the blonde that used the Saison yeast. The missus likes it, I'm not too sure. That Saison tang is Ok, but I'd prefer this one a bit cleaner.

After a horrendous week and its still Monday!!!!...Feels like Friday
Wherry Tweak..
Not bad..
not brilliant
BUT..and it a big but... far better than the pub ****
in fact 100% better...so RESULT
Im off to bed..again!

Local co-op is selling this stuff.

I bought another that's buiried at the back of the fridge now the missus has come home via Tesco with reduced delights.

Anyway.

This ain't bad

IMAG2599.jpg

IMAG2601.jpg

Picked up a Savour, Saison from Waitrose for £1.79. Zesty, citrus and a touch tropical with a banging amount of bretty funk and spice. Very nice indeed. Loving that loads of supermarkets are upping their game with their beer ranges.

Sierra Nevada clone. 'Tester' after 1 week in the bottle. First impressions: very moreish. Looking forward to sampling it next week :)

IMG_20160426_221136-02.jpg

Trying a bottle of Radical Road by Stewarts.
1445348588Radicalroad.jpg

It took the award for 2014 Bottle Conditioned Beer in Scotland, and I see why. Those little bubbles in the neck stay there!
Very hoppy with citrus and warm notes, good balance (to my newbie palate). Little head retention and quickly drops back from pouring (maybe it's just me?). No bad flavours in the finish. Good carbonation and little sediment in the bottle so I can have a play with that later. :thumb:

A nice pint and one I could drink a lot more of. Trying to leave it a bit to warm up to get more of the flavour before it's gone....but it's hard to leave it alone.

Just had a bottle of my cream ale and a bottle of the elderflower blonde, which have been in bottle for about 4 days (I know :oops:). Both carbing nicely and almost clear and both showing real promise as summer thirst quenchers. Result.

Just had a bottle of my cream ale and a bottle of the elderflower blonde, which have been in bottle for about 4 days (I know :oops:). Both carbing nicely and almost clear and both showing real promise as summer thirst quenchers. Result.

4 days! That's a mature bottle of ale right there, as far as I'm concerned :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back