What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
de06287ce7f10adbad534b1e06696c48.jpg

I had one of these tonight at Brewers Fayre and you guessed it I shall not be having another anytime soon as it was rotten.Paid £3.75 for a 330ml bottle and it was worth it.Also had a Brew Dog Punk IPA and a Dead Pony club and they were delicious but again£3.75 for 330ml.Money well spent for a night out with SWMBO.🍺
Now time for a homebrew 🍺🍺🍺👍👍👍

Sent from my ALE-L21

I've been in the garage so I had to have a couple of pints of Pumpking/Cerveza Ale from the keg (it's about finished :doh:) ...

... and tonight I am on Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum and Coke! :whistle::whistle:

Okay, I know it's not a traditional evening drink on this forum but at £14.28 a litre in Tesco it was hard to resist ... :lol:

... as was the Bells Whisky at the same price!! :thumb:

I don't see it lasting long into the New Year though! :whistle: :whistle:

Dutto, I like your style. I'm going to hit my rum stash tonight. Got a ton of friends coming over for another party.

I had guiness last night. Is it me and my better educated palette from drinking home brew or is it now thinner then it used to be. When I was drinking it (cans at a party) it felt a lot thinner and had less flavour than when I last drank it. I very much got the impression that they have changed the recipe to reduce costs.

After being on call 24 hours yesterday I have tucked into a few bottles of Woodford Wherry and the Mrs and I have finished the bottle of JD off.
Was going to brew the Coopers stout today but decided to do it tomorrow instead.

Bottoms up everyone :wink:

I should lay off really but I do have a bottle of this that needs drinking...

rubymild.jpg

The original SH Dark Ruby Mild is often seen on draft at the Organ Grinder in Nottingham if you should ever find yourself up that way.

My first AG brew. A SMaSH using Maris Otter and East Kent Goldings.
A 5 day EKG dry hop too.

This is delicious. I'm quite frankly astounded that I made this.

Unfortunately SWMBO likes it a lot too.

WP_20170102_19_26_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20170102_19_28_21_Pro.jpg

My first AG brew. A SMaSH using Maris Otter and East Kent Goldings.
A 5 day EKG dry hop too.

This is delicious. I'm quite frankly astounded that I made this.

Unfortunately SWMBO likes it a lot too.

Nice one, a EKG smash is a beautiful thing. Also love the Achouffe glass.

I decided to try a Fulstows Marsh Mild tonight.

Started only 31 days ago, truncated carbonation (only 8 days 'cos I needed the Brew Fridge for an IPA) and conditioning for only 11 days I knew it was way too early ... :nono:

... it was also straight out of the garage and much too cold for my taste at +/-4 degrees. :nono:

However, although it wasn't the perfect pint and it was more than a bit rough round the edges, it still has all the hallmarks of being a great pint by the time it matures.

I'll give it another couple of weeks to condition that bit more and then bring a few bottles into the house to warm up, before trying another one. :thumb:

PS

I think the bubbles stuck to the side of the glass are there because I dried it with a less than perfectly clean tea-towel. Mea culpa! :whistle:

Marsh Mild 2:1:16.jpg

I had guiness last night. Is it me and my better educated palette from drinking home brew or is it now thinner then it used to be. When I was drinking it (cans at a party) it felt a lot thinner and had less flavour than when I last drank it. I very much got the impression that they have changed the recipe to reduce costs.

Your HB will be better than the Guinness. I think the nitrogen trick gives the impression it has body when it's watered down c**p. I'd bet 9 out of 10 people would prefer a properly brewed coopers stout than Guiness. Their foreign extra not as bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back