What Car Do You Drive

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schumacher K1 Aero, and Schumacher KF. Both fitted with Brushless systems....

Oh and a Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Petrol, moderately modified... Looks like a bigger Car is on the horizon though, the nipper is getting far too fecking heavy to carry around and far too big for the back of a 2 door car...

1978 VW camper (with 1977 2.7 Porsche 911 engine) For fun and holidays
Ford Focus estate (shopping trolley)
Triumph Daytona 675 (Daily drive!)

1978 VW camper (with 1977 2.7 Porsche 911 engine, I so need one of these :lol:

Oh the 205 1.9 GTI i had one for a very short time! ended up in a farmers field the pain has never left

Mine was a 1.6 GTi. What it lacked on the straights compared to the 1.9, it made up for in the corners, as was nicer handling and easier to keep on the road.

Was cycling through Knightsbridge today. Saw some sort of high end hypercar (looked like some sort of top of the range lamborghini), eyewateringly expensive matt black paint job, all the bells and whistles. You could hear the owner revving the engine above the noise of everything else a quater of a mile away.
But to my eminant smug satisfaction I slowly cycled past this beast that could probably do 200mph+, as it was stuck in traffic and was so wide it couldn't maneouve through it like some of the smaller city cars (and me on my bike) :lol:

Anything was easier to keep on the road than the Carlton GSi3000 24v that I used to have back in 90s!!

If I may be allowed the privilege of disagreeing...
I have been the "proud" (?) owner of 2 Reliant Regal 3-wheelers.
WHY THE SECOND ONE? I hear you clamouring. Didn't you learn your lesson?
Yep, but my Dad died, so I inherited it.
Well, I can confidently state that, twice in my life, I've had a car up on only 2 wheels. An interesting experience - one I'd only seen before in a James Bond movie. Except that Bond seemed to be in control of the situation. Whereas I certainly wasn't!!!
Actually, I suppose that keeping the things on the road wasn't the main problem. Keeping them upright was more critical. At University in the 60s a fellow student, who'd lost a leg in a motorcycle acident, drove his Regal van down from the Snowdonia hills. At a roundabout, with black ice, he slowly, gently slid sideways. Then it hit a raised cateye & tipped over!
Dick couldn't get out. He had to wait for a passer-by - then throw out the keys so the rear door could be unlocked, so he could crawl out.
Happy days?????

I have been the "proud" (?) owner of 2 Reliant Regal 3-wheelers.

OMG a blast from the past.

I passed my bike test having no interest in cars but a few years of travelling to work in winter put me off, as i didn't have a car licence i got a Regal van, trailer and 490 Maico, when i got bored of motocross i traded the regal for a Robin, what a difference with the smaller wheels.

How hard was changing the spark plug nearest the windscreen on the regal :wink:

001.jpg

Renault Captur. It was great when we first got it, then child number 2 came along and now it's too small! Once we have "broken even" in the finance (i.e trade in value is around the same as the balance - hopefully late summer) we'll be getting something bigger!

Ok, so my car went in for service today. It needed 2 new tyres so I bought a new car instead. Picking up a new Renault Kadjar either Wednesday or Thursday.

I have a Chrysler 300 do i no what repair bills are! also have a little Z4 for wasting sunday afternoons when im not brewing

Audi A7 at the moment.

Had a 335i convertible before - miss the roof down action and the noise. Not the fuel consumption, though...

chrysler grand voyager IV-Generation, looks extremely popular in uk

i've just read some pages of this thread and lol what the hell guys you drive only fast high-performance vehicles xD

Ok, so my car went in for service today. It needed 2 new tyres so I bought a new car instead. Picking up a new Renault Kadjar either Wednesday or Thursday.

Picked it up last night. Good looking car, basically a nicer looking Qashqai since Nissan and Renault share bits and pieces these days.

Triumph Daytona 675 (Daily drive!)
Didn't you read that this post is about what horrible, boring, 4 wheel thing that you sit in and pretend to drive??? Bit like a shopping trolley - but self-propelled and weather-proof.
It is definitely not about wonderful, spirit-freeing, 2-wheeled things that actually enhance your experience of life. Things that give you that amazing feeling of being in real control of yourself, of judging for yourself how the world you perceive will react to you and your machine.
No, sir. No more of these nasty bike posts. Not least because I haven't actually got a bike at the moment - had to leave 2 behind when we moved a year ago.......:doh:

Latest posts

Back