What Equipment will I need

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took temperature levels over a 4 hour period and so far the room where I will be brewing and fermenting in is staying at a temperature around 12°C. Also what are peoples opinions on heat pads for FV?

Just took temperature levels over a 4 hour period and so far the room where I will be brewing and fermenting in is staying at a temperature around 12°C. Also what are peoples opinions on heat pads for FV?

Twelve degrees is great for conditioning but pretty useless for everything else (including sitting down and having a pint in peace).

I use a fridge (controlled with STC1000 for fermenting, carbonating, cold crashing and lagering), a heat pad (controlled with a "heat only" controller for fermenting and carbonating PBs) and a trug (controlled with a "heat only" aquarium heater for fermenting and carbonating PB's).

Heat pads have there uses, but they are not as versatile as a brew fridge. :thumb:

Twelve degrees is great for conditioning but pretty useless for everything else (including sitting down and having a pint in peace).

I use a fridge (controlled with STC1000 for fermenting, carbonating, cold crashing and lagering), a heat pad (controlled with a "heat only" controller for fermenting and carbonating PBs) and a trug (controlled with a "heat only" aquarium heater for fermenting and carbonating PB's).

Heat pads have there uses, but they are not as versatile as a brew fridge. :thumb:

Tell me about it, I have to work there everyday and end up wearing 3 jumpers and 3 pairs of trousers, otherwise its unbearable. Yea I will defiently look into buying a cheap fridge to convert then.

10-12c is ok for something like a belgian lager yeast, so you could look to have something like a pils fermenting during the time of year that those temps are maintained whilst any brew fridge you get works on something warmer or colder.

Back