Which Hops would you never use again

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask how long the hops remain usable in the freezer? I am interested because my LBHS has recently changed its policy and the minimum quantity of pellets of any hop sold is 50 gms so the remainder after small additions will have to be stored potentially for a few months.
A few months is nothing. Properly stored hops can last for years.

None so far. I have use loads of Willamette in my Tribute clone. I've also started using target. I've done a few stouts but more recently a bitter,with I think, EKG and it was great!
I like to use willammette in my American wheat beer.
I used target to bitter in the batch I brewed five days ago. You can't go wrong with EKGs.

In answer to the main question last year I used Motueka to dry hop an MJ Brewer's Series Pale Ale in order to liven it up. The result was pretty awful yet I am sure there was no infection or any other factor involved. I would be interested to know what others' experience is.
I haven't brewed with Motueka but I have enjoyed commercial beers that used it.

In answer to the main question last year I used Motueka to dry hop an MJ Brewer's Series Pale Ale in order to liven it up. The result was pretty awful yet I am sure there was no infection or any other factor involved. I would be interested to know what others' experience is.
I quite like motueka. I usually use it in combination with Pacific Jade in a summer golden ale.

What beer style do you use it in

Quite a few styles. Great in Hazy IPAs, but I use it in my house lager. 100% Pilsner Malt, and 75:25 Hallertau Blanc:Cashmere. Augustiner lager strain.

Cashmere is very left field for a lager, but in lower doses I find it gives a lovely herbal note.

Latest posts

Back