why do we bother ..............

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz Chaz

Landlord.
Reaction score
Righty, wife has been gurning on for some time about a 'discolouration' on the conservatory wall, the outside sealant had gone, so I fixed the sealant and needed the damp bit inside to dry out properly. Well it's dried out properly so was going to paint over it today.

Just heading outside to collect the bits n bobs to do it when wife pipes up, 'this stains getting worse',

"No it's not my precious, I've started to clean it up, I've just wiped it down'

'Hmm, looks worse to me'

We're getting a visit from Royalty tomorrow :shock: well, her sister at any rate :roll:

Masking tape on the flooring and newspaper taped down, (bear in mind this is a patch some 3 inches by 6 inches at its largest on a former outside wall, conservatory built against this wall) when wife pipes up, 'anything I can do to help, it needs lot of covers down to stop any paint getting on the flooring' :evil: Barking Baz starting to get slightly annoyed. 'No my precious, just leave me to it'

Painted over the offending area, suddenly thought, here we go, it's fixed, bet she'll moan about the smell :whistle:

Took all the bits n bobs out, threw away the rubbish, came back in, to find she's opening all the windows, 'it stinks in here, can't have this smell going through the house'

'Hang on my precious, go inside I'll sort out the smell' so I closed all the windows again then opened one on the side so the wind going past will draw out the air, opened another a tiny crack on the other side so air will flow past the painted area.

I turned round to be blasted by some industrial strength 'air freshener' that is far worse than any smell of paint, 'you can close those windows, its cold' :nono:

'But you opened ALL the windows dear, I've closed all but two, five minutes and the smell of paint will have gone'

'It's blowing the smell into the house' :wha:

The doors are closed what little draught there is is drawing out from the house, but no 'it's getting worse, I can smell it in the bedrooms'

:? 'but you're in the lounge and not been to the bedrooms' :wha:

'well if I had been there I'd have been able to smell it' :!:

My Mrs is normally brilliant, seldom complains about anything and lets me bimble along as I want, but just occasionally she turns into her mother :(

........ why didn't I do this during the week while she was out :wha:

a 2 minute job turned into a major event :roll: ......... why do we bother at times, all I can smell is feckin air freshener :roll:

lol , sooo true i know exactly where your coming from its the female brain works different to the male brain , not saying they are worse or we are better just works different :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

She's now opened the door from the conservatory into the inner hall the kitchen door and has the cooker extractor fan going full tilt :roll:

...... there's no smell of paint in the conservatory, just sickeningly sweet 'air freshener' :roll:

and guess what, I got the, 'while you had the paint out you could've done the mark on the utility room wall'

and guess when she did this mark, just after I put the paint away, she caught the wall with the washing basket :wha:

I feel your pain! When I'm not getting it from the misses during the week, i would get it from my mother at weekends when doing gardening and DIY jobs.

Many times i have actually said to the given offender, to quote the thread title "why do i bother?". This sometimes results in a 'discussion' shall we say. I usually say something along the lines of "fine do it yourself next time, lets see you climb a ladder with a massive drill!"! Or something to that effect.

Just last summer i had to lay a patio, build a shed and a water feature on it, build a mini wall and run fencing the length of the garden. Spare a thought for the **** i endured during that lot :D

My thoughts are with you for the damp patch! And anyone else whom receives this sort of grief

my misses took my lump hammer to the kitchen wall along with the brick chesil just to see how easy it was to take them off, she smashed them and the gipboard.

then she decided to fix the dripping hot tap in the bath room, thank god the hot water was off, "but the tap was off".

I hide the tools now

Back