Wilkinson deal on wherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a regualr deal on at Wilkinsons - their starter kit of fv, pressure keg and other bits of stuff are a bargain at £30

munkian said:
Quite a regualr deal on at Wilkinsons - their starter kit of fv, pressure keg and other bits of stuff are a bargain at £30

I didn't see that when I was in ours the other day, or is it online?

BicesterTerrier said:
munkian said:

I didn't see that when I was in ours the other day, or is it online?

It's in my local store but have been to others who don't have them

They sell out quite quickly, you can prob order it online and get it delivered to the store or the store could order it in for you

BicesterTerrier said:
Anyone used their pressure barrel, reviews seem okay, but it sounds a little flimsy.

Yes, and the fact that it's a bit flimsy is a good thing IMHO - it de-forms as it gasses up, letting you know there's a good amount of gas in there, unlike the expensive barrels which can end up losing gas before you realise it. I much prefer my cheapo Wilko barrel, just get a replacement top with an S30 valve (eBay) so you can top it up with gas if necessary.

I've got two of these and although they do deform when gassing it eventually pulls itself back together after a while as the CO2 absorbs into the beer.
I accidently let the injector bottle squirt for 2 full second rather then one and it still held up. Despite being almost ball shaped.
Make sure you tighten the tap up fully though as the manufacturer seems to leave them slightly loose for the pressures involved.

I have one and it's fine. Yes, you do have to remove, grease and replace the tap very tight, it's not tight enough as shipped.

Latest posts

Back