winebuddy merlot 30 bottle kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just made this and it works a treat, air bubbles as per pic are now much finer. I only have a single speed drill so I had to trigger on and off to prevent the wine from swirling out the fv. I will now leave a further 24 hours before bottling to ensure any sediment that may have travelled through the siphon tube has a chance to settle again.:whistle:

111111111111.jpg

222222222222222222.jpg

Glad it worked, here is my version -

333333333333333.jpg

Finally ready to drink. Still a little gassy when transferred to bottles but very clear. I am no connoisseur so I can't give a great description of the flavour, however it is not unlike other wines I have made, Beaverdale and Cantina. There is a slight chemical taste with it but hopefully this will wane a little given time. I would recommend this brew for the price and I have just bought the 30 bottle Winebuddy sauvignon blanc from Tesco for £16.50. Gutted paid £22.50 for the merlot:doh:

SDC12975.jpg

Hope you enjoy the Winebuddy sauvignon blanc as much as we are, one tip if i may, unless you like your wine sweeter than dry let it get down to .990 or as close as it will go, i stopped mine at .994 as i was impatient and it is a little sweet, i don't mind but Mrs Tea prefers it dryer.

Now drinking the white Sauvignon blanc. The wife tried it first and said it tasted too chemically so i
had a glass full and she is right. Brewed as per instructions nothing added or taken away so I'm not sure what has gone wrong or infact whether anything has. I much prefer the previous brew of Merlot. Does the chemical taste decrease with age or will I have to dilute each glassful with lemonade to make more pallet able.

Instead of bottling, I put the wine into a polypin and decant it 1 bottle at a time and chill it, then drink the bottle I chilled the day before. The process of decanting it allows it to breathe, which much improves the flavour.

Latest posts

Back