WOW just wont seem to clear....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wezil said:
Hi I had a wow that wouldn't clear even after fining, so I put it outside in the cold overnight (Undercover in a shed) next morning clear! 2 weeks later still fine and loverly!
will try that with one of them got nothing to lose

I am new here-so please be gentle! I keep seeing the acronym WOW. Could you tell me what that means please? Thanks in advance.

jansman said:
I am new here-so please be gentle! I keep seeing the acronym WOW. Could you tell me what that means please? Thanks in advance.
worzel orange wine would add the link but on my phone

had a look this morning and the wine has "cleared" all the stuff is at the bottom but left the colour in..from what ScottM has said tis due to killing the yeast off too early...well you live and learn

I usually kill off yeast a week or so after fermentation is done, leave it a day or two, then backsweeten. I add the finings last, I don't see the point in adding more sugars to cloud up the wine after it's cleared. Maybe that's not an issue with all wines, but it's what I've done with my meads; honey can create quite a haze.

Latest posts

Back