WOW - Original Variety (Orange), with RGJ ??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm thinking of making a batch of the original recipe WOW, but think I'll struggle to get WGJ to make it with...

anyone made it with RGJ ? did it come out any good ?

I've heard that the WGJ WOW is a bit of a marmite job, but I'll pretty much drink anything, so I'm curious to fire a batch up !

I haven't read a post where a member has mixed RGJ and orange and can imagine why, try a litre of apple instead of orange you will enjoy it.

Are you sure about that Chippytea? I've made loads of batches of RGJ and Orange Juice WOW, they've all come out fine.

I stand corrected, the beauty of juice wine is you can mix whatever you like and at the price it doesn't matter if they turn out bad, other than the original orange and WGJ which i was not keen on (but still finished every bottle) i would say i haven't found one i don't like.

I stand corrected, the beauty of juice wine is you can mix whatever you like and at the price it doesn't matter if they turn out bad, other than the original orange and WGJ which i was not keen on (but still finished every bottle) i would say i haven't found one i don't like.

Agreed! I've worked my way through a lot of different juices, the majority bring mixed with RGJ and they've all been drinkable. Some less successful than others. The sweeter juices like grape and peach or apple and elderflower have been too sweet for my tastes, I've found that pomegranate and cranberry juices make a slightly drier rose, but WGJ (when I can find it) and apple work the best.

I am about to bottle my first RGJ + RGJ after reading a post about how good it is in the forum, i like the taste of RGJ so i imagine the fermented version will be good.

I am about to bottle my first RGJ + RGJ after reading a post about how good it is in the forum, i like the taste of RGJ so i imagine the fermented version will be good.

Well it turned out pretty good but Mrs Tea prefers RGJ and Apple and as she pays for it and gets it delivered who am i to argue. :lol:

It is the best out there in my opinion, the problem for me is no one sells it locally so i have to pay postage which is nearly what the KwiK clear costs.

I'd get some and mail you it 2nd class chips, postage would prob be a squiddly or so I would think

Thanks for the offer, i have ordered two of the bigger boxes from a seller on ebay, i can get Youngs Clear it here but the package says once opened you have to bin it after a month, i never use it all so its throwing money away, KwiK clear has no shelf life (as far as i know) so it lasts me a long time.

Back