2 brews 1 day no pics sorry to busy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damfoose

Reaction score
Set myself a task as my stocks were proper low.
Brews straight out of Grahams most recent book.
First up Stout the last one in the book ( cant remember its name and I dont have the book handy ) I think it is Theakston XXXX stout. in the FV at about 13:00

I have a bad habbit of emm over or under shooting my required volume and this came up 22 in the FV and a demijohn so enough for a cornie and a baby cornie. nice and dark and about 5% by the time its finished.

Used the cake from a brew I did 2 weeks ago poured 5 litres into the FV and then filled the demijohn straight from the FV after a good shake so the demi got some yeasties in it from this I also poured off 1/2 a litre into a sanitised jug and covered for the second brew. Finished filling the FV and agitated for a while. 3 hours later its trying to climb out of the FV and continued to do so through most of the night must have lost about half a litre but no worries.... I must say I like yeast thats ready to chew some more.

Next Timmy Talour landlord or so I thought not got the proper hops so I used the same grain but twisted the hops bunged in 40 gram of boebek for 90min and then 20 of challanger for 15 plus 5 gram in the FV bunged in the jug worth of brew from the cake this looks like it has taken off like a rocket as well.. Hoping this is going to turn out tasty smells damn good.

Unfortunatley the 2 brews finished off my grain so its off to leyland for another sack and I need to swap out my secong gas cylinder as it is emppty all to be done during the week as I have a new job so im about to loose my company car leaving me with no wheels.

To be honest all in all not to shabby a brew day seeing as ive not brewed in anger for a while. Just got another 5 cornies to get filled and I will be a happy little bunny. Need to get these done before it gets too warm to brew I made that mistake last year and im not going to repeat it again and end up drinking beer that has the ive been brewed to warm taste again for half a year.

Happy brewing folks keep the kettles on :P

I`m on the same mission - double brews before it (hopefully) gets to hot! I only started AG last october so what sort of temps will affect the fermentation? I have my FV`s in the kitchen so its air temp for me!

Latest posts

Back