• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2 Free pressure barrels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Having a clear out and have two 40 pint pressure barrels surplus to requirements. One is a wilko and the other a Youngs. Only used twice each. Have the lids for CO2 injection. Worked fine at last time of asking. Also have a load of the small co2 cartridges.

Free to a good home, im in SE London between Penge and Beckenham.

Could I pay for shipping or would it be just as costly I'm in Wigan, thanks

Could I pay for shipping or would it be just as costly I'm in Wigan, thanks

No idea what it would cost but frankly not really got time or energy to be carting them up the post office.

Nige
I've got a spare that just needs a good clean. I'll be back in Warrington next week if you're interested.

Thanks it's OK I'll buy one and just bottle the larger up, I was going to put larger in a barrel but some say it doesn't carb up enough in barrels.

Having a clear out and have two 40 pint pressure barrels surplus to requirements. One is a wilko and the other a Youngs. Only used twice each. Have the lids for CO2 injection. Worked fine at last time of asking. Also have a load of the small co2 cartridges.

Free to a good home, im in SE London between Penge and Beckenham.

Hi, I'm also in SE London and would love to pick these up if they're still available?
Cheers, Alex

@alexhamjones yes still available. Currently in states for work, back at the weekend. If you PM me a tel no I will dig them out and text you to arrange a suitable pick up time.

Thanks it's OK I'll buy one and just bottle the larger up, I was going to put larger in a barrel but some say it doesn't carb up enough in barrels.

people say that a lager should have a higher gas pressure than can be held in a plastic barrel, the idea is that you cant pressurise the barrel enough to fully carbonate the lager in a low pressure vessel, its never bothered me and we do lagers all the time in one

I'm sure it's OK but I do like lively larger, I've not tried it in a barrel and I was advised to bottle larger on here but my larger ended up something else anyway, ha.

Back