30 bottle kits=several 6 bottle kits???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awray83

Reaction score
Hi guys
Sorry if this is a daft question but can you buy a 30 bottle wine kits but then take enough juice, yeast finings etc at a time to make 6 bottles at a time and keep going until its run out
A few of the kits I've been looking up only come in 30 bottle kits and I don't have the space/logistics to be brewing 30 bottle batches at a time

Only issue I can see is after you open it it could go off quite quickly both the juice concentrate and the yeast. It would also be hard to measure out small quantities of yeast and finings etc but that's a small issue compared to if it goes off.

Only issue I can see is after you open it it could go off quite quickly both the juice concentrate and the yeast. It would also be hard to measure out small quantities of yeast and finings etc but that's a small issue compared to if it goes off.

My thoughts too but would have been interesting to see if it was possible at all

There is only enough 'added' ingredients in a 30 bottle kit to do a 6 bottle if that makes sense? Yeast/ nutrient/ finings/stabiliser.
You could maybe split the concentrated grape juice but it's fiddly and won't keep more than 3-4days even in a fridge.
Maybe try some white grape powder off eBay 1kg tub (about £15). You can make up whatever volume you want then.
Or as chippy suggests make up a WOW from supermarket juices.

You could divide the juice into plastic pop bottles and freeze it till needed. Open yeast also stores well in the freezer.

Maybe forget the kits and do some turbo wine instead?
Tbh I'm planning on doing a batch of Wow at my hubby's request
The reason for asking about the 30 bottle kits was because one of the brands I want to try only comes in 30 bottles (kenridge) and been hearing good things so was thinking about coughing up but then making it last

Tbh I'm planning on doing a batch of Wow at my hubby's request
The reason for asking about the 30 bottle kits was because one of the brands I want to try only comes in 30 bottles (kenridge) and been hearing good things so was thinking about coughing up but then making it last
Just go for the 30 bottles thenathumb.. I've found in this hobby that whatever you plan to do/make/buy; at least double it!

In your case, multiply it by 5...

Do the 30 bottle, buy yourself an fv, you'll do more I'm sure. You can bottle straight from fv once cleared.

Back